Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new fuente limited release
So, the other night I had the pleasure of trying a new cigars from our friends at AF. I'm told this is and will remain a very very limited release being given to only the best Fuente customers. I bought one the other night and smoked it. The story is it's a don carlos with a sungrown wrapper. I expected big things. I was a little disappointed. It burned great but it drew like it had a hole in the wrapper. So much so that I checked and checked many times throughout the cigar for a small hole I thought I could plug with my finger or something. With this potential hole, I didn't get the full affect of the cigar and finding spices and flavors was difficult at best.
Now, I did light this up immediately following a My Father's Lancero. So maybe it was just the wrong time, but I dont think so...
My shop only got 4 boxes and after the first day 1 box was gone. They expected to be sold out by the weekend. If not I'll give another one a try. I mean, a sungrown DC... sounds awesome!
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Sounds very interesting Skip. How much are they selling for?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
This mystery cigar got a name?
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
$16 a stick Jan.

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Was it the 858? I saw them on another website and wasn't sure if they were new. I will stick to the anejos with AF. Love that stick
my favorite is the Opus. Any size.
Then the DC's, almost any size. Then the Anejos.
If this cigar becomes what it is supposed to be, I may have to play with my list.

I'm searching for my e-mail to see what the cigar is...

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
ok, my e-mail has no name. It just says "come enjoy the many rare cigars we now have in stock such as Anejos, Forbidden X, Opus X, Between the lines.. (other manufacturers mentioned)... then
And the excitement continues when James (new manager) introduces the new Auturo Fuente Unnamed reserve, a 5 3/4x48 cigar featuring a sungrown wrapper and a Don Carlos filler.

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Sounds good, too bad you had issues with it.....let us know if you get another one.
Gangsta
Skip I think the name IS "unnamed reserve" I've seen a lot of posts/hype elsewhere about it
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
(01-09-2013, 02:40 PM)GMJager Wrote: Skip I think the name IS "unnamed reserve" I've seen a lot of posts/hype elsewhere about it

Yep