Poll: Butane Refill Can nozzle
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like metal
20.00%
2 20.00%
I like plastic
80.00%
8 80.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
metal tip
Has anyone ever had real success with the supposed superior metal tipped butane cans and those silly plastic adapters in the cap? (& what's the purpose of the cap with all the holes in it? Dust will get in and accumulate on the tip which you will push into the lighter the next time you refill!!!)
I want to but a few cans of jetline 5x refined fuel, but it has the metal tip. I have to tell you, I hate those damn tips!!!

What's your feeling and what fuel do you use?
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
I have xicar with metal tip and works Much better than thE metal tipped can that you mention
No Justice, No Peace!
I have better luck with the small cans as oppose to the big ones. Don't know why.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(10-04-2012, 12:55 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: I have better luck with the small cans as oppose to the big ones. Don't know why.

Same here, I hate those cans with the stupid tips as well though.

Angry1
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(10-04-2012, 12:58 PM)Parkster Wrote:
(10-04-2012, 12:55 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: I have better luck with the small cans as oppose to the big ones. Don't know why.

Same here, I hate those cans with the stupid tips as well though.

Angry1

Same here
--Mike

I like the smaller cabs of xikar too
It's hit or miss for me with the metal tip cans. Even when I use the plastic tip, they leak.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I always use the metal tip cans just because that's the way it comes. If I use one of the tips, I just store the can on the lid.

Most of my lighters use the metal tips just fine though.

Who is this masked dog???

How have you been?
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(10-11-2012, 08:07 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Who is this masked dog???

How have you been?

Doing pretty well. Still traveling too much, not smoking nearly the cigars I need to and only get to check in a couple of times a week, but life is settling down.

I still don't get to post much, but I do log in weekly to see what I'm missing.