Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just curious
I go 3 days a week, sometimes up to 5.
Most days are all lifting except Mondays. I box. I used to run marathons, I did years of taekwondo, and now for the first time in my life I am lifting. It was a new years resolution 2 years ago. I have been faithful ever since.
I'm pretty much the same age as jimmie, but I'm not in the best shape of my life. Age is taking it's toll. Parts are wearing out and the replacements suck.
After I got outta the Army I rebelled a little. Stopped running, started waking up WAY late in the morning (like 8AM!) and started eating lots and lots of deliciously unhealthy foods lol.

Now that I'm up almost 50lbs in the last year, I'm thinking it may be time to hit the gym again lol. I used to be in great shape, gotta find motivation to get back there again!
(02-17-2010, 11:54 AM)CheapHumidorsDotCom Wrote: After I got outta the Army I rebelled a little. Stopped running, started waking up WAY late in the morning (like 8AM!) and started eating lots and lots of deliciously unhealthy foods lol.

Now that I'm up almost 50lbs in the last year, I'm thinking it may be time to hit the gym again lol. I used to be in great shape, gotta find motivation to get back there again!

Just look in the mirrow. That's waht I did.Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I use to when I was young, but became a lady's man and just didn't have the time. LOL

[Image: jungle-gym2.jpg]

[Image: 862-fatty-boy.jpg]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Ah the gym. Well I use to work out a lot. I would hit the gym 5-6 days a week and train with Eric "red" Schafer at Duke Roufus gym in MMA. Then somethings happened i got lazy and stopped working out. Now I'm back at the gym 4-5 days a week and trying to get back into shape but am no longer in the gym training MMA Sad kinda sad as it feels good but life is life. Dr. told me I'm 10lbs over weight, no big deal only 10lbs but if I stay lazy that will turn into 20 then 30, etc.

Getting back into shape is alot harder the older you get I do notice that.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Those years will sure put the smack-down on a metabolism and your ASS. Motivation or lack there of, is the biggest thing to overcome because the mind is a terrible thing. Oh, to waste.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.