Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
joe cigar deal - 10 Pepin Blue for $35
Ok, bought the 601's

What is it about CI that peeps don't like, I have ordered many sticks from this place and have had a good experience each time, what gives, help a guy out?
ktee Wrote:Ok, bought the 601's

What is it about CI that peeps don't like, I have ordered many sticks from this place and have had a good experience each time, what gives, help a guy out?
Iv never had a problem either and I have bought from the Joe daily deal, c-bid and just straight from CI's website. 

They are bullies and Scott is right, the customer service can suck at times, and very impersonal.  Personally, I have been buying some items from them for 5 years (or longer).  The JoeCigar deals are out of the world sometimes... like this latest 601 deal.

I think wingo had some serious problems with a shipment not long ago....and I think I remember someone claiming they rebanded their cigars.  Caveat emptor with any source is the key.  But there are some goto vendors that come to mind TBS and Cordova...those are no brainers there.

ALSO... they get "special" blends... I know for a fact that CAO reblends at least 1 of their cigars for CI. Yeah it's cheap. But not worth more than what they charge.

There are a lot of things about CI that I don't like.

1. Last year or two years ago there was a guy who is a member here. He organized a huge cigar event and called it the mid west cigarfest or something like that. Well turns out CI owns the rights to the name cigarfest so they went after him with their lawyers.

2. Then there is the pressure they put on the manufactures to come down on the little shops or any merchant selling cigars for less the suggested retail.

3. I just don't like to support the giant conglomerates in any business.

4. As Skip mentioned some of these cigars the blend is not the same.

5. I have heard a few people who have had problems with customer service.

6. They also carry way too many crappy cigars and life is too short.  
Several years ago, I picked up a fiver...when I received them several had beetke damage. When I called them about it...the response was...."Yeah?...So?...." I had to push them to replace the sticks.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Life is too short to support Douchebag vendors who could careless about their customers ...
Nothing personal guys, but I have had good experiences with CI and Joe's Cigars which I know are one in the same and the prices are in line with what my budget will allow.  Don't have a high paying job that can allow me to even visit my local B&M on a regular basis for smokes, I still go there when I can but what I can buy from CI and other online retailers helps me to meet this habit without breaking the bank.

I have had issues with other online companies and each one has been very good in resolving the problem.  I hope this doesn't happen here but my phone skills usually work...LOL! 

Peace
BuddhaBill Wrote:Life is too short to support Douchebag vendors who could careless about their customers ...

yep...no one likes a Douchebag. Epsecially careless one's
Also, if you don't like the channel, turn it.  I am no way defending BIG OL CI but I thought posting the deal may be of interest to some. don't like it, don't buy it.