Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there such a thing as a good punch
Maduro PiPs Wrote:LOL...I thought you were speaking of teh cigar brand! LOL I would say yes...the Punch Rothschild Maduro Maduro....excellent stick! Smile

lol I was thinking that too.  I haven't punched for a loong time.  I'm not even sure where my punches went.  Maybe I'll punch a cigar tonight though instead of cutting.
Tongue
i received the definition of a good punch from php007. WOW. all i have available is my camera phone, and i can't get a good picture of it, but he sent me an avo twist bullet cutter. in a box that appears to be signed by avo himself. just an incredible punch, and along with it he sent a nice selection of sticks. thanks again paul! i'll try to get pictures up, when i find out a way to get it done.
Well, I am a punch fan (both the stick and the device).  And I have tried scores of different makes and models, including the Xikar.  The Xikar is a good punch, but it doesn't take the prize!  I have an AVO punch and it beats everything else handsdown.  It has been sharp, very sharp for years.  It does self clear.  The big difference, besides quality, is the fact that the blade is sharpened on the inside not the outside.  One of the annoying things about a punch is that it can crack the head because the blade pushes out on the head when you run it through because the blade is beveled toward the outside.  The AVO pushes against the inside piece of the cap that you are cutting off.  The AVO hasn't cracked a single head since I have used it.  I can't say that for the others.
[user=357]ashman[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Maduro PiPs Wrote:I would say yes...the Punch Rothschild Maduro Maduro....excellent stick! Smile
I would say that dollar for dollar, this may be the best cigar out there.  50 cigars run just over $100.  There may not be a better cigar value available IMHO.

Cheers to that. I rarely ever smoke these any more do to my uncontrollable urge to have new stuff, but when I do, I wonder why I don't have several boxes of these.

For the OP, you can't beat Xikar's CS. I don't use a punch, but if I did, it would be a Xikar.