Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there such a thing as a good punch
i think it's about time for one. the one i have is really cheap and cheesey. is there such thing as a good one? i noticed cuban crafters has some with lifetime warranties, but they look cheap and cheesey just like the one i already have. should i even bother with a new one? what do you guys use?
LOL...I thought you were speaking of teh cigar brand! LOL I would say yes...the Punch Rothschild Maduro Maduro....excellent stick! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
[Image: xi007.jpg]Xikar, I have the middle one. I like it. and it works fine
Maduro PiPs Wrote:LOL...I thought you were speaking of teh cigar brand! LOL I would say yes...the Punch Rothschild Maduro Maduro....excellent stick! Smile
haha, thanks mario. yes, yes, the rare corojo is actually quite tastey Big Grin. and steve, i like that xikar. where can it be had?
scott81425 Wrote:
Maduro PiPs Wrote:LOL...I thought you were speaking of teh cigar brand! LOL I would say yes...the Punch Rothschild Maduro Maduro....excellent stick! Smile
haha, thanks mario. yes, yes, the rare corojo is actually quite tastey Big Grin. and steve, i like that xikar. where can it be had?
I was going to recommend the Xikar as well. You can find it here.

http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?PageA...Category=6
steve047 Wrote:[Image: xi007.jpg]Xikar, I have the middle one. I like it. and it works fine
I too have the xikar punch and love it. ITs got a lifetime warranty so why not. Its metal and very heavy/sturdy feeling.
BaileyCAO Wrote:
steve047 Wrote:[Image: xi007.jpg]Xikar, I have the middle one. I like it. and it works fine
I too have the xikar punch and love it. ITs got a lifetime warranty so why not. Its metal and very heavy/sturdy feeling.
I too have this punch (The one on the left )and it is great.A little more expensive than the ones a the register but well worth it as it should be the last punch I ever have to buy ,unless I lose it as it has a lifetime warranty from Xikar.
BuddhaBill Wrote:
BaileyCAO Wrote:
I too have this punch (The one on the left )and it is great.A little more expensive than the ones a the register but well worth it as it should be the last punch I ever have to buy ,unless I lose it as it has a lifetime warranty from Xikar.
Quadruple endorsement. Part of a Xmas gift to myself.
I have made a few punches that work really well out of fired brass for rifles (and one pistol a Nagant .38). They take a little sharpening now and again but are great conversation starters at the smoking lounge.

Take a 30 calibre shell (300 win-mag thru 7.62 x 39) and with a dremel or jewelers file sharpen shell mouth so that the bevel of the cutting edge is to the inside. If you sharpen the outside it has a tendency to crack the cap. A little touch up now and then and you're good to go!

One to buy though, like those guys I lust after a xicar punch... I always end up spending my pennies on cigars when I get to the shop.
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
i was gifted a truly magnificent one from Fishhound a while ago. Hand crafted. Wood. Impressive.