Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPod to MP3
Anyone know where I can get my hands on some software that would convert the standard iPod music format to MP3?

My GF has gotten into making those slideshows like I did here for her family. She has a very very extensive iPod music library. Having paid all royalties for the music she would like to use some of these songs as a background in her slideshow. However the slideshow software will not accept this format...

Ideas?
Hey Skip...

Here are some links that might help you. I work with music files all the time including conversions. But I dont have too much experience with the Apple files themselves since I do not buy from them.

Take a look:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4409 (I personally use this app and can hook you up with the setup files...great app for this)

http://www.bpurcell.org/blog/index.cfm?entry=1036&mode=entry (backup plan)

Let me know...

Mario

THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Most of the time if you have downloaded the songs from I Tunes, they will not allow the conversion, one way I have found around this, is to burn a cd from I Tunes of all the songs you want to convert, reimport them, and then you can convert. But if they are in the I Tunes format (mp4 i believe) they are pretty well locked until you burn the CD. I hope this helps. I use I Tunes all the time, and before I had my i pod I had a Creative and I had to do this to every one of them, the pain in the ass is that you have to rename them each time.
thanks guys... good advice... I'll give that CD thing a shot. It's just a handfull of songs... the price of 1 CD and some time isn't too much to ask.
just let me know if you need any help on it, I have just found this to be the best way around the protection thing so far.
Yup .... what Poop said, just go in to your itunes options and set to burn CD's as MP3 format, use a CDRW to save having a lot of CDR's lying around with a handfull of tunes on each.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why