Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i'm off
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:beach 8th street in far rockaway
Skip, is that near Seagirt Ave & the Nassau Expressway? Isn't there a lot of boat traffic there?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Take the seagirt exit off of 678. Yep. & Yep (although I dont know the nassau expy at least in that area).

I traveled this inlet at least a few thousand times... every time I took one of myt boats out to sea. Often I would see the divers there and laugh at them. Saturday I was one of them.

Oh, I bought a 7 mil wetsuit yesterday (that's another 2 boxes of cigars I wont be buying)

I have my eye on a BC... but while they run generally from 150 to $600, the one I want, the Mares Dragon, runs $550 on sale.

But before that I will go for the life support. A regulator than can handle nitrox gas. 1st & second stage should set me back close to $350. Then the secondary around $150. Then.. the dreaded console. I am looking at a computer suitable for nitrox. At least $600. Or maybe simple air gauges for around $150 for starters...

The nice thing about this sport is while it has a high entry price, it runs around $8 per dive as that is what a tank of air costs.