Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i can't stay logged in
am i the only one having this problem?? i can't stay logged in on internet explorer. i checked the option to keep me logged in, but it doesn't seem to be working. everytime i navigate away from the page, and come back i am logged out. presently, i am not even able to log in using i.e. i am using firefox. is this just a bug, or do i have something set up wrong? let me know. thanks. http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/images/smilies/huh.gif
been using IE all night. You might want to make sure you are not blocking cookies....
well, i'm using firefox and i'm not having any issue ver. 3.5.5 . You really should only use IE if you need to, it's too powerful. I'd try clearing out your cookies and cashe
No Justice, No Peace!
hm. really weird. if i go to stogiechat.com/forum it shows at the top i am not logged in and gives me the option to register. but when i go to stogiechat.com, click on the link to enter the forum, then follow the link that says to update your bookmarks, i am logged in just fine. it just doesn't work when i go directly to stogiechat.com/forum
sounds like your browser cache settings are incorrect. The page might be cached in your system as being logged out. When you go to the page its loaded your old cached information instead of checking for a new page. Check your internet settings to see. Or, just clear your internet cache and go directly to the url and sign in. that should clear it up.
actually, i guess it's the www that make all the difference. if anyone else has this problem, don't be a lazy bones like scott and just type in stogiechat.com/forum, type in www.stogiechat.com/forum. no idea why that makes a difference, but it seems to. updated my homepage accordingly and all seems to be working well.