Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
humidity in humidor
I don't have one but I would think bottom is better.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I don't know for sure because I do not have one but I think maybe top might be best. My reasoning behind that is at least then you are not fighting gravity. I could be way wrong but it's worth testing.
--Mike
The issue is going to be convection. Without some kind of fan, warm air will rise within the humidor and cooler air will sink. So the big question will be if your floors are warm?
I keep my place right about 72 degrees, and the humi stays at that constant temperature. My fan does move the air around well. I guess it will require some experimentation. I appreciate the thoughts.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
How inconsistent? And how full is the humidor?

Keep it on the bottom - you will be less concerned with the Moist-N-Aire thingie drips.

Is your fan too big? Pick up some computer fans and wire them to a timer. Place the fans in such a way that there is a good airflow pattern.

Or don't worry about it because it is really probably not that big of a deal anyway. Pick out and smoke samples from each of the zones that have different humidity and see how they smoke. Assuming that you have decent hygrometers in there that have been properly calibrated, there is still a margin of error in them.

I have a little 6" desk fan that seems to work well. Basically, yes, I need more stock in it to hold the humidity. I am slowly working on that. Smile. The humidity still stays in the acceptable range of 65 to 70% RH, so I won't worry about it much.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
The bottom is best for active humidification. Middle for passive. The basic reason for this is all active systems incorporate fans and they tend to blow upwards. Humidity doesn't really fall or rise, but in fluctuating temperatures it will certainly fall. Think of rain on a smaller scale.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Coming from miami FL I seemed to have a constant humidity problem. Actually got a lot of help from people here and finally went for heartfelt industries as my source and have never looked back.

www.heartfeltindustries.com/