Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how would you spend $100
I got a gift certificate for cigars international from the Mrs., and have looked at a bunch of different ways of spending it, but thought I'd share the fun/confusion and toss it out there to y'all.  I do need to stretch this as far as possible, as there are more cobwebs in the humi than tobacco at this point.

So how about it, $100, with as little as possible going over that ammount.
took a look at the site...

for sheer quantity yet avoiding rockets, how about two or three boxes of flor de olivas, pretty damn good sticks for the buck. that or spend about 18 bucks extra and get some oliva series V beli's. there are a couple of flor dominicana things there, too.
sell it for $95 and spend the 95 at a reputable store?

Sorry, just joking around. That was a wonderful gift from your wife.

Do you want merchandise (cutters, lighters, etc?) or expendables (cigars)

1st order of business.. browse and browse then browse again. Revel in the possibilities and be sure to thank the wife for her consideration.

then, after you made up yoru mind, browse again, this time with her and let her feel like she is helping you with your decisions (she can keep trackof the total).

Identify your favorite cigar and be sure to get 1 or 2 of them regardless of the price.

Then a reasonably priced box of something else. Then go for the samplers, finally spend the leftovers on cigars you heard/read us posting about but have not tried.

Bottom line, enjoy!
Box of Brazilia GOL's and an ashtry or lighter
i wouldn't rule out a box of 5 vegas "A"'s. i love that cigar, and ci always has the best price on them. another thing to cosider, if you don't have to spend it all at once, is to sign up for their email specials. every week on monday, they put out an email special, and it's always a really good deal. its just that sometimes its not a very good cigar.  so maybe sit on it for a few weeks, check out these weekly specials, and see what you come up with.
I'd say a nice mid-quality box---Cusano 18, JdN Antano, Oliva, 5 Vegas A, Torano---and a fiver of something nice, like DL Africa Kifaros or Hemingways.

But you can also get a box of Punch Rare Corojo Crystale Torps for that, with enough left over for a bargain fiver, and they're still in stock there, and I can pretty much guarantee you'll love 'em. Great smoke.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Bundle of RP Vintage 2nds and 15 Gurkha Triple Ligero if you're looking for a quantity of solid sticks or a box of Punch Rare Corojo Toros or the Gurkha Nepalese Warriors and then some knick knacks.  Go to the online catalog and check out the specials there.

That's an great gift you got there Grant.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
[user=57]Headley[/user] wrote:
Quote:. . . and 15 Gurkha Triple Ligero . . .

I saw those on there, and that they're billing them as Gurhka instead of K. Hansotia now, even though the label hasn't been changed. Gods, I must've had 100 of 'em off C-Bid over the course of about a year . . . been quite awhile since the last one.

Now I'm thinking about the 3 X 5 deal myself, lol. See what you did?

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
This thread is just plain dangerous.
Not A Nice Person Wrote:[user=57]Headley[/user] wrote:
Quote:. . . and 15 Gurkha Triple Ligero . . .

I saw those on there, and that they're billing them as Gurhka instead of K. Hansotia now, even though the label hasn't been changed. Gods, I must've had 100 of 'em off C-Bid over the course of about a year . . . been quite awhile since the last one.

Now I'm thinking about the 3 X 5 deal myself, lol. See what you did?

NANP™
[cigar]
[doh]
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.