Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long can cigars sit in a humi
while im going thru my cigars to see whats good and whats not id like to set up another humidor to buy what i currently have in my must buy stash..but i wont be smoking them until im done experimenting which defeats the purpose of buying them..lol but you know how it is..so how long would you say i can keep the cigars in there without smoking them?

denali7432 Wrote:while im going thru my cigars to see whats good and whats not id like to set up another humidor to buy what i currently have in my must buy stash..but i wont be smoking them until im done experimenting which defeats the purpose of buying them..lol but you know how it is..so how long would you say i can keep the cigars in there without smoking them?

Years!  Cigars can be stored for 20+ years and still be good.  Granted, they will lose a little in the flavor/strength dept, but they will still be smokeable.  I have smoked a cigar that was 23 years old and still had flavor.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:
denali7432 Wrote:while im going thru my cigars to see whats good and whats not id like to set up another humidor to buy what i currently have in my must buy stash..but i wont be smoking them until im done experimenting which defeats the purpose of buying them..lol but you know how it is..so how long would you say i can keep the cigars in there without smoking them?

Years!  Cigars can be stored for 20+ years and still be good.  Granted, they will lose a little in the flavor/strength dept, but they will still be smokeable.  I have smoked a cigar that was 23 years old and still had flavor.
While Mark speaks the truth....I find any cigars over 10 years become too mellow....especially if it was a lighter stick to begin with.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro. You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
And if you find a particular stick that you like the flavor profile but its especially strong, then a few yours might mellow the strength.