Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got me some Absenth
Now what do I do with it?
Drink it!  Duh!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
According to wikipedia:

Quote:Traditionally, absinthe is poured into a glass over which a specially designed slotted spoon is placed. A sugar cube is then deposited in the bowl of the spoon. Ice-cold water is poured or dripped over the sugar until the drink is diluted 3:1 to 5:1. During this process, the components that are not soluble in water, mainly those from anise, fennel and star anise, come out of solution and cloud the drink; the resulting milky opalescence is called the louche (Fr. 'opaque' or 'shady', IPA [luʃ]). The addition of water is important, causing the herbs to 'blossom' and bringing out many of the flavors originally overpowered by the anise. For most people, a good quality absinthe should not require sugar, but it is added according to taste and will also thicken the mouth-feel of the drink.

Though, when I got a bottle of Czech absinth I just drank it straight.
This stuff will rock your world if you are not careful. I recomed taking it slow because this is one of those liquors that will make you very sick, but if enjoyed in moderation will act as a nice change of pace from normal things we can get readily available around here.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Now what do I do with it?

Place a slotted spoon over a tumbler.  Place a sugar cube on the spoon. Pour a shot of absinthe over the sugar cube.

Then SLOWLY SLOWLY SLOWLY! Pour ice cold water over the sugar cube -- really slow. Drip drip drip. Use about two times as much water as you poured absinthe. It should take about 1 minute to pour the water.

If the absinthe is real (as opposed to green food coloring firewater), the drink will turn a milky green color.

Stir the remains of the sugar cube into the drink.

Drink.

It will taste like a Twizzler, and it's the equivalent of drinking a shot of vodka and a double espresso simultaneously. It's a REALLY WEIRD buzz.
Somehow I have a feeling that this topic doesn't fit into the (...to enjoy with your cigars) part....Tongue

I had a fun experience with Absenth....definitely stay clear of motor vehicles...Big Grin
My favorite memory is looking at a box fan.
I swear it was a cat. Confusedhock:
JoeBob Wrote:Somehow I have a feeling that this topic doesn't fit into the (...to enjoy with your cigars) part....Tongue

I had a fun experience with Absenth....definitely stay clear of motor vehicles...Big Grin
Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock: I thought that hullicinogenic stuff was just a rumor... r u sure it was the Absinthe joebob?
Well, that's the only substance I was exposed to that night!
Other than maybe a cigarette, it was before I was introduced to cigars.

It didn't turn into a cat, per say...my brain just thought it "seemed" like a cat.
I can't explain it. It's definitely a funked up feeling
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
JoeBob Wrote:Somehow I have a feeling that this topic doesn't fit into the (...to enjoy with your cigars) part....Tongue

Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock: I thought that hullicinogenic stuff was just a rumor... r u sure it was the Absinthe joebob?
I drank the better part of the bottle in one evening... I think Scoop's description is pretty close to how I felt. It was a more energized / lighter feeling drunk than I'm used to, but I dont remember any actual halucinations. Then again, I honestly dont remember much of that night.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Now what do I do with it?
Use it to kill slugs in the garden.