Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
from SJS through the Mum
Yeah nice job! I like the band on the wooden one... did you epoxy or lacquer that band on the handle?
(04-01-2011, 04:13 PM)buster Wrote: Yeah nice job! I like the band on the wooden one... did you epoxy or lacquer that band on the handle?

Thanks very much, The band is glued on & then has about 6 coats of polyurethane on it....1 or 2 coats per day depending on drying time.
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
(04-01-2011, 11:47 AM)Gus Wrote:
(04-01-2011, 11:21 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Another messenger job and I'll gladly do it again.. These little beauties are a thing of beauty. SJS & Gus should get together and come up with a nice product.

I'm not sure how Steve feels about it, but I would rather give 'em away to friends than sell them. Someday I may even make a punch for Dooley.

I agree, I haven't "sold" any of them, trading is as far as I go. I enjoy making them & as I've said to others...I rather they be in use than to keep them for myself!!! In fact, the brothers of Stogie Chat are the only BOTLs that have them !!!! Wink
Steven Wright
Very cool. I wasn't suggesting you guys sell them. With the talent you two have I was wondering what the both of you could come up with if you herfed together.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(04-01-2011, 10:06 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Very cool. I wasn't suggesting you guys sell them. With the talent you two have I was wondering what the both of you could come up with if you herfed together.

Hopefully that will happen in July when the Husker Herfers make their way through Virginia!!!! We can kick that idea around then!!!!
Steven Wright
Very beautiful...Very Classy!
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"