Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fridgedor
It is not definite right now but I am considering building a fridgedor since I see my stogie collection growing A LOT in the near future.  Of course I realize the type of wine cooler or fridge I choose is the most important part and that is my concern.  I have heard Avanti is the best for these types of projects and that thermoelectric systems are a must.  My other concern is that since I will probably be buying off the internet, I don't have a good idea of how big the different sizes are, since they go by number of wine bottles it can hold.  I have seen in stores 28-bottle sizes and 6-bottle, nothing in between.  Does anybody know around how many boxes of cigars a 12, 16, or 20 bottle size cooler will hold?  I've done all my research and this is the only thing holding me up!  Please help!  Thanks.
Here is the smaller avanti Lucas, it has been altered to hold 70 degrees FH. Will give you an idea of the space available in one. 12 boxes should be no problem with this.

[Image: Pops3.jpg]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
IMHO Lucas, I would save your money and buy a coolidor with some beads cause with in 6-12 months depending on your buy habbits you will be out of room.  Trust me.  I started with a 300 ct glass top and went to a big coolidor for 8 months or so into a cabinet and I am just about out of room as we speak.  Save your money for a really nice cabinet like LZ, Doc and Mark
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
-PO- Wrote:IMHO Lucas, I would save your money and buy a coolidor with some beads cause with in 6-12 months depending on your buy habbits you will be out of room.  Trust me.  I started with a 300 ct glass top and went to a big coolidor for 8 months or so into a cabinet and I am just about out of room as we speak.  Save your money for a really nice cabinet like LZ, Doc and Mark

paul's right on the money.  until you get an idea how many cigars you would like to and can effectively store you're better off getting a cheap means of storage that can expand exponentially in the most cost effective manner possible as you find necessary.  then go for a cigar cabinet / wine cabinet.