Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
freedom to fascism
Parkster Wrote:Here in the UK our taxes are on everything from our earnings to all consumer products except food.

It works out at roughly £0.70 per £1.00 earned in total for everyone in the country who earns a wage.

I still cant get my head around the fact that although I pay tax on almost everything I buy, if its an essential for life or a luxury item, I still have to give up 40% of my earnings as well.

40% of my labour is for the tax man, he is actually charging me to work, which means I am expected to pay for my toil. When its written down and the words are in front of me, it really is more stupid than it first appears.

Maybe this is purgatory and when I die I will have served my time and will be allowed in heaven. 

pretty much the same here buddy... except we DO pay taxes on most food items.

Parkster Wrote:Here in the UK our taxes are on everything from our earnings to all consumer products except food.

It works out at roughly £0.70 per £1.00 earned in total for everyone in the country who earns a wage.

I still cant get my head around the fact that although I pay tax on almost everything I buy, if its an essential for life or a luxury item, I still have to give up 40% of my earnings as well.

40% of my labour is for the tax man, he is actually charging me to work, which means I am expected to pay for my toil. When its written down and the words are in front of me, it really is more stupid than it first appears.

Maybe this is purgatory and when I die I will have served my time and will be allowed in heaven.

If us Americans figure up the total taxes we pay...Income tax, sales tax, gasoline tax, ect it just about equals what taxes in the UK are.