Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
finally did it
I got my motorcycle license this weekend. Been wanting to do it for a while now and took the course and everything and finished up a couple hours ago. Cant wait to start bike shopping Smile

-Ben
sweet deal man, what kind of bike you looking for?

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
YAY!!!

congrats Ben!!!!

Smile
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
[user=96]ColbyPants[/user] wrote:
Quote:sweet deal man, what kind of bike you looking for?

TomC

Well I have an itch for speed and a crotch rocket would be fun...but deep down I know that I will get bored with it and never ride and if I do ride, Ill kill myself lol. Ive decided I want a cruiser. My ideal bike would be a heritage softail but alas, harleys are pricey!

-Ben
Check out the Yamaha Star line of bikes. I own an 03 Road Star...Lots of bang for the buck.
Congrats!  You're definitely in the right place to do some riding.  Everytime I think about it I remember that our riding season is really only enjoyable for about 2-3 months.:X  Oh well, enjoy!
A friend of mine has the Suzuki Boulevard, and I gotta tell you . . . it's a hell of a bike for the money. Liquid cooled, shaft drive . . . running about 11K here in Texas. I'm thinking about the new one myself:

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/M10...fault.aspx

Road Stars, as mentioned above, are another great choice. More Harley than Harley.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:A friend of mine has the Suzuki Boulevard, and I gotta tell you . . . it's a hell of a bike for the money. Liquid cooled, shaft drive . . . running about 11K here in Texas. I'm thinking about the new one myself:

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/M109RZK7/Default.aspx

Road Stars, as mentioned above, are another great choice. More Harley than Harley.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]

definite must there. 

harleys are always fun.  if you like torqueing the whole bike down after every ride. 
Way to go with taking a safey course.  Learn a lot of good lessons learned in those as long as you use them when riding.

Crotch rockets are a blast.  I had a 750 Katana for a while.  Handled very well as far as my limited riding skills pushed it.  The confidence you get in a sport bike can be your downfall though.  I had some close calls and had trouble going the speed limit because it was so much fun(luckily no tickets)... I sold it.  I know myself well enough.  I miss it but don't mind removing that variable from my life now that I am married and have a somegeek Jr. on the way.  Big Grin

Good luck with your cruiser!  The happiness of a rider can be measured by the number of bugs on their teeth.

just be careful. The moment you take to the streets on a bike, you are labeled an outlaw by some. I've had little old ladies show their disdain for me for no other reason than the fact I was on my Honda 400. It seems in some circumstances some people even feel justified in cutting you off and putting your life in peril. Yeah I know a bike is smaller and harder to see, but often I managed a quick glance of the driver in his side-view mirror before their tank came crashing down on me.