Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e-bay auctions (in general)
The other day I was watching an auction for 5 days when with 4 minutes to go the 1st and only bidder had the item won for $around 5 bucks (+ 15 S&H)... it was a dozen lighters. I wanted them and figured I'd go for 5.00 per lighter which is $60  - 12 for S&H meaning I could bud up to 48.

Well, with 30 seconds to go I bid 48. The other guy got it at $49.

Now, I didn't get the lighters, and sure seemed to hurt the other bidder (& only helped the auction seller).

I know no one here was the seller but after it ended I thought for a moment what if one of you guys was the other buyer? I just cost you $40.

If only we could communicate this info to each other so that we don't hurt each other.
good idea Skip....you have a good heart my man! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
I agree 100%.  Is there anyway to share our ebay names in PM form?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Hey I sell way to much stuff on ebay to have you guys bonding together to lower prices.

But, seriously ever noticed that when you post on a forum about a great deal on an auction that all of a sudden there are a lot more bidders.
yup.. I just dont want to hurt a BOTL

For those of you who know my last name, that's my e-bay ID.

anyone else, PM me.
You should have mine John.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Parkster Wrote:You should have mine John.
dont know that I do...
pm sent
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
yeah but if its the group trying to a get a prize why cant the 2 or 3 of us cough up the smack and buy it then share?????
jimmy carter Wrote:yeah but if its the group trying to a get a prize why cant the 2 or 3 of us cough up the smack and buy it then share?????
decent idea... if anyone see's something worthy of a group buy, post it.