Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
digital camera for MikeD
get a load of the bid history on this:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=270224648564

this kinda proves they are different people... bidding against themselves.
OK, forget everything I said... lol, I make too much of stuff sometimes.

I just read this:
Quote:To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails, eBay has changed how User IDs display on the bid history page. Only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID, all other members will see anonymous user IDs, such as x***y.
I think it shows only your first and last characters filling in the rest with asterisks.Tongue
(I feel like such a scoop)
5.1 mp, 12x zoom

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLYMPUS-FE-130-Digital-Camera-5-1-MP-12x-FE130-wrty_W0QQitemZ250231778222QQihZ015QQcategoryZ48542QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

under $40

Thanks skip...I will take a look...
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:5.1 mp, 12x zoom

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLYMPUS-FE-130-Digital-Camera-5-1-MP-12x-FE130-wrty_W0QQitemZ250231778222QQihZ015QQcategoryZ48542QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

under $40
wow, that camera went for $42. A steal.
ebay strategy

Anyone a bit new to e-bay, here are 2 things you should do before you ever bid on an item.

1-check their history and feedback. Too many legitimate negatives, walk away. This is usually not a store you are dealing with. You can get hurt. Some negatives are simply because buyers are dumb. check them out. Read the first 3 negatives.

2-do a search on your item in closed auctions. Check out with the previous people have paid for it. If people have been closing the deal at $20 and the current bid is around 20 or over, see if there are more for sale that will end at a later date. Maybe you can get it for the $20. (It may also pay to check amazon and see what you can get it for form a legit store).

3-check that the S&H are not a ripoff. Often sellers will bundle part of the price in the S&H. So to pay 99 cents with $8 S&H on a $14 lighter is not a ripoff. But to bid $9 then pay $8 for that same lighter is dumb!

4-check payment options. Make sure you can easily comply (some demand paypal, some demand money orders).

5-if possible bid with 20 seconds or less to go. If an item is going for $50 and you bid 55 and get it, if the auction has not yet ended the bidder(s) before you can talk themselves into going higher and often will. So even if you put in a proxy bid of $75, if they now have the time to bid $65, your bid will jump up to $67. Put in your max bid (to overcome any proxy they may have in there) at the last second. Must be less than 45 seconds left!

6-decide your upper limit and do not go over it. If you really want that item bit that upper limit, you will get it for the lowest price within that range possible but by putting in higher bids you can crush any proxy bids put in before you. But remember your upper limit. Stick to it and dont let that damn testosterone force you to bid more. I have seen people win items for $100 they they said they would not pay more then $75 for. This guy got into a war with someone else. He won but it cost him. The only downside is when you lose something and realize for a lousy dollar more it could have been yours. Well, try to remember you stayed within your limits then search for another listing of the same item.

7-when checking the sellers history see if he keeps posting this item. In other words is he a dealer and has a ton to offer? If so, keep your limits lower. If you lose he will list another in a few days.
I bid early and often using the .09 cent. For my final bid in the last 4 seconds I change to  .69 on my final bid and do win most of my auctions.  My only thought on the Olys is there are just SOOOOO many that are refurbs it bothers me. I know they sell millions but the fact remains. I just bought THE Kitchen Aid mixer I always wanted from Them (KA) as a refurb and it still bugged me but I saved $100.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:OK, forget everything I said... lol, I make too much of stuff sometimes.

I think it shows only your first and last characters filling in the rest with asterisks.Tongue

I'm still a little suspicious, but I checked on something I had a bid on after logging out, and it had the same thing for me.

e-bay has had a ton of issues with people stealing identities. This is one attempt to help protect identities.