Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cubans in ireland
ColbyPants Wrote:robbo, your comparing apples to assault rifles there Tongue

TomC
just pointing out the inconsistent and therefore illogical nature of law.  Tongue
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:

TomC
just pointing out the inconsistent and therefore illogical nature of law.  Tongue
[Image: JudgeDredd-NEW-XBOXboxart_160w.jpg]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
not really on the subject of buying cigars in ireland, but an interesting article on how the embargo effects cigars

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Features/CA_Cuba_Detail/0,4604,103_travel,00.html

anyway, i would have to agree that the posession or consumption or purchase of any product from that little island is not legal.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:

TomC

believe me when I say i cannot disagree with this aspect of the statement.

Wink

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
There is only 1 LCDH in Ireland...dublin.

Here's the website for it

http://www.floridita.co.uk/dublin/cigars.php
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
lucas Wrote:is it legal to bring them back to the U.S.?  Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I remembered reading a post awhile back about buying Cubans and bringing them back to the states, making sure to have sales receipts and what not from the vendor for customs at the airport..

It is illegal for you to buy them even if you never intend to bring them back. It is illegal to have even a single cigar in your possession even if it was a gift.  In fact you are guilty of treason even if you have but one cigar label in your pocket. The laws are quite clear. Enforcers are US Customs, The State department, US Treasury and OFAC.

Now, back to reality. If you get caught bringing back a box or a few sticks chances are they will be confiscated and the worse part is you will be put on a list and have to go through high level security clearance every time you try to get on a plane (this is a royal pain not to be taken lightly). Maybe, you may get fined too, but a lot of this depends on your attitude. best advise if you get caught, plead ignorance and apologize up the wazoo! Maybe if the agent is sympathetic he will simply confiscate them (& keep them for himself).