Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cigars and money
I picked some cigars for the 1st time in a long while.  I've been smoking what I have mostly due to budget reasons.  I couldn't stand it anymore and had to drop some cash to try something new.

Picked up an OpusX, Tatuaje Corojo 2006, and an Ashton VSG, all new sticks for me.

Smoked the VSG and was underwhelmed.  Hopefully the others are good.

I'm surprised about the VSG. They are one of the strongest before the el cobre. Maybe it was too green.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I love the VSG.
wingo Wrote:I love the VSG.
[thumbsup] one of my favorites!
Ive only had two but both have been good. Who knows, next time you stumble upon one, you know where to send them[thumbsup]
I've only had one VSG and that was new years in 2006 i believe.  i still remember it, it was that good. 
but hey different strokes for differenent folks.  Tongue
If you are on a budget, you might try finding a cheaper cigar. 

Just a suggestion.

Maybe try a Oliva V, half the price of a VSG and every bit as good. The Double Robustos are in the $4 range.
VSG is one of the better cigars out there.  IMHO it has the best aroma of any cigar out there.  Not sure if I have ever had a bad VSG.  Try the Illusion.  
The VSG's are very good, but the blend has been trimmed down from the original blend. Not nearly as strong as when it first came out. Medium strength now, at best. Great aroma, though, typically.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"I bet you get a lot more satisfaction out of those other two.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
I had construction issues with the VSG I tried. Had to re-light a few times. It was just an all right cigar and at the price, I probably won't be buying more. Your assessment of "underwhelming" is spot on IMO.

Everyone knows the Opus X are hyped and overpriced. But I think they're good enough that I pay the msrp when my local B&M gets them. Also, I've found that a year in the Crowbador is worth the wait on Opus. Plus the snob factor figures in for me. Big Grin 

Now nocsious, you're right up my alley talking about the Cojonu. The 2006 is a great cigar. If you like it, try the Cojonu 2003 which I like the best of the cojonus. I smoked a 2009 a couple of months ago and thought they needed some time. I like all the Tatuaje brown labels plus the same people are responsible for Cabaiguan and La Riqueza. Great cigars all.

[pirate2]