Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
birthday
My 21st birthday is coming up the beginning of April.  I want to celebrate with a really great tasting cigar.  I've been getting into fuller bodied sticks so that is the flavor profile I'm looking for.  I've had an ISOM in the humi since December but don't know if I want to light it up just yet.  Let loose with any suggestions...anything you guys have enjoyed for special occasions.

Don't know if I should post this in the same thread, but on a side note, since it's my 21st birthday I want to buy a really nice bottle of whiskey.  I got into Scotch during a trip overseas and since then I came across a brand called Stranahans on a history channel program.  I know it ain't Scotch but  I've been wanting to try it ever since.  Would I just go to my local liquor store and have them place an order since they don't carry it?  Thanks!

-Lucas
Padron 80th anniversary or God Of Fire....you will have a good time with any of these
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Cheroot or Camacho triple amduro.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

Lucas, is there a more special occasion to you than your 21st???  Now (ie your B.D.) is the time to light up that ISOM and really enjoy it.  You will find other sticks later on to fill its place, but that one is special to you.  Get 'er done!!!
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
I agree with Bob, if the ISOM is THE one stick in your humi you've been saving for a special occasion, then this is the time to smoke it.  You only turn 21 once, and it's really a turning point in life.  Now, you can RENT A CAR !!!!!!  Oh yeah, you can legally buy alcohol also.   Serg's recommendations are also perfect for that occasion, and, if you don't mind, I'll throw in a good Anejo Shark, and even something like an Oliva V Maduro if you got them, or, just your perosonal favorite stick.  Anything that makes you happy, with a great drink, is the best you can do for yourself.  As for a drink, I'd look for Four Roses Single Barrel, or Ron Zacapa Rum.  My two personal favorites.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
I agree with much of the above. I'm sure this won't be the last ISOM cigar in your humi, light it up, it's a perfect occasion!!
Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:I agree with Bob, if the ISOM is THE one stick in your humi you've been saving for a special occasion, then this is the time to smoke it.  You only turn 21 once, and it's really a turning point in life.  Now, you can RENT A CAR !!!!!!  Oh yeah, you can legally buy alcohol also.   Serg's recommendations are also perfect for that occasion, and, if you don't mind, I'll throw in a good Anejo Shark, and even something like an Oliva V Maduro if you got them, or, just your perosonal favorite stick.  Anything that makes you happy, with a great drink, is the best you can do for yourself.  As for a drink, I'd look for Four Roses Single Barrel, or Ron Zacapa Rum.  My two personal favorites.
Ha i wish!  It may be diff. in GA but to the best of my knowledge I can't rent until I'm 25...otherwise me and the fiance would be going to Ireland for our honeymoon and cruising the countryside

-Lucas
My b-day was last week,44 A far cry from 21(what I'd give to be 21 again) Don't drink any more(can't handle it anymore) But the highlite of my day was A LFD Solamon. IMHO A special cigar for special occasions.

Dispatch
My Scottish heritage demands that I correct your spelling ... when speaking of Scotch, it is indeed "whisky" with no e Wink You want a really good smooth bottle, prepare to pay for it, but it's worth the money. For example, a bottle of Glenfidditch 21 year will set you back anywhere from $120-150. But, a smoother whisky for the dollar, you won't find.

Kinda like a cigar. You can get great taste for not much money, but when you really want the best, it's so totally worth the extra money Smile Personally, my "special occasion" cigar is the Camacho Liberty 2008.

Oh, as for your Stranahan's, might be hard to find. Sounds like a very limited whiskey (it's American, so there's an e in it heh). Wiki has a page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranahan's...do_Whiskey
Now is the time to smoke that ISOM brotha... Happy Birthday, and in the great state of CA, you do have to be 25 to rent a car, unless you want to pay a rediculous under age fee (at least thats the way it is with the car rental company I work for)..
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com