Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best deal ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a big difference between getting a great deal, or taking advantage of someones mistake.   At some point someone is going to have to eat the cost of the mistake.   I think we all tend to giggle a bit when we get undercharged at places like Wal-Mart or other large chain stores.  

The mistake here is that the cigar business is much different from a retail chain selling toaster ovens from China.   While you saved some major cash, the small cigar store ate the cost and may even come back on the employee for selling them.   Often cigar store employees/owners give out a free cigar to their frequent customers, and also offer better deals.   Personally, I would get a bad twist in my gut if I walked back into the same store and the owner or someone gave me a free cigar after something like that.   The guilt would eat me alive.

The cigar business is more than just rolled up tobacco, its a personal relationship with every person who enjoys the industry.   From selling to smoking, its all about family.   Would your family do that to you?
I have been overcharged for stuff and had to work my tail off to get it made even. For the most part it was difficult to get anyone to even listen to me.

As for Steve, I am not here to judge you nor anyone else. You got a great deal (even though I dont know what it was-the picture & details are gone). What you do afterwards is up to you. I have found tools left in my boats engine room and car after getting ripped off for repairs. Sometimes I return them, sometimes not.

I was at Universal Studios a few years back and found a brand new digital camera after commenting that I needed a new one. I brought it to lost and found. I checked back 2 days later and they had no record of any camera being brought in. The guy behind the counter took it for himself.

Each of us has our own demons and morals. It's not for others to judge.

MEH?