Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone ever open an oasis?
hey guys-

recently my oasis developed a problem. it's almost as if the adjust humidity up button is being held down. i'd like to open it up and use a little contact cleaner on that button, but can't see a way to get into it. anyone ever do it?
Hydra's aren't the only ones with probs.    It's all made in china and lets face it they don't make em like they use to and stuff breaks. LOL    I had the same prob with one on mine. I unplugged it for 10 minutes to see if it would reset and it did.

If it is under a year old, it's still under warranty. Send it back for a new one. Good luck Scott.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

tafdom Wrote:Hydra's aren't the only ones with probs.    It's all made in china and lets face it they don't make em like they use to and stuff breaks. LOL    I had the same prob with one on mine. I unplugged it for 10 minutes to see if it would reset and it did.

If it is under a year old, it's still under warranty. Send it back for a new one. Good luck Scott.
t, i actually contemplated just emailing this to you, haha. yeah, i know it's chinese, and i knew something was bound to happen sooner or later. my hydra is actually starting to grow on me. i disabled the alarm, then tried re enabling it, and it hasn't gone off lately. so it's starting to gain my trust. slowly. but the thing i hate about my oasis is i know i can easily fix it. i just don't think i can get into it without destroying it. and it's 14 months old. so barely out of warranty.
I tore into the ll XL the big one and it shows but it doesn't really matter. They seal them well using the 2 part stuff for pvc pipe. I would get a few new snap blades and just slowly work the seam slicing/scoring at it. I took mine apart because it was LOUD + I just wanted to see. LOL   I got to the fans that were mounted to the plastic housing with screws. Can you say reverb? I made a foam gasket to put behind it and you can not hear it now. YEA I won.

U can du it
[Image: Waterboy_2.jpg]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Taf, we are talking about humidifiers here so should it be:

U can dew it

Tongue
I've thought about getting a hydra or CO...but not sure after hearing about these issues.  Last thing I want is a 100-200 dollar problem!
tafdom Wrote:I tore into the ll XL the big one and it shows but it doesn't really matter. They seal them well using the 2 part stuff for pvc pipe. I would get a few new snap blades and just slowly work the seam slicing/scoring at it. I took mine apart because it was LOUD + I just wanted to see. LOL   I got to the fans that were mounted to the plastic housing with screws. Can you say reverb? I made a foam gasket to put behind it and you can not hear it now. YEA I won.

U can du it
[Image: Waterboy_2.jpg]
AHAHA! If they make another McGyver T.V. Show Taf so needs to audition!
Involuntarily opened.

[Image: COPlus.jpg]
DonnieW Wrote:Involuntarily opened.

woops... failed durability test?
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
DonnieW Wrote:Involuntarily opened.

woops... faild durability test?
lol haha Big Grin
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!