Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
all you full body people
I think these are pretty darn good. Figured I would give this thread a little bump. Borrowed this description from the local store where I picked up this stick:

La Duena #5
Strength: Medium Origin: Nicaraguan Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Connecticut Broadleaf and Nicaraguan Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf and Nicaraguan

La Duena is a term for a woman of great authority. Blended by Pete Johnson of Tatuaje for Janny Garcia of My Father Cigars and rolled at the My Father facility, La Duena is, in Pete's words, "a cross between La Riqueza and La Casita Criolla... Flavor over strength." Featuring a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper and a binder and filler of Connecticut Broadleaf and Nicaraguan tobaccos, La Duena is limited to 100 total boxes. Expect notes of pepper, spice, leather and dark espresso and an overall sweetness. These are medium in body.

[Image: IMG_1712.jpg][Image: IMG_1713.jpg][Image: IMG_1714.jpg][Image: IMG_1715.jpg][Image: IMG_1717.jpg][Image: IMG_1718.jpg]
--Easy

"If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go." --Mark Twain
Wait... Limited to 100 boxes? I had not read that...
Can't be 100 boxes. That has to be a typo. And yes easy great stick for sure
Could be 1,000 or 10,000.

(01-27-2013, 12:51 PM)NickDrista Wrote: Can't be 100 boxes. That has to be a typo. And yes easy great stick for sure
--Easy

"If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go." --Mark Twain
These are very good.
--Mike
I have had 2 of these and didnt enjoy them as much as I thought I would.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
I like them a lot, but the ambos mundos I think is better in flavor.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
I rather like them.
(01-27-2013, 01:31 PM)Guarantee Wrote: I have had 2 of these and didnt enjoy them as much as I thought I would.

That was my opinion of them as well. Good, but not great... at a price that does it few favors.
(01-27-2013, 05:58 PM)Ari Wrote: I like them a lot, but the ambos mundos I think is better in flavor.

Have to agree completely with Ari. Ambos Mundos for me is definitely more full, flavor full and at a great price point. Was actually watching a cigar news interview the other day and they discussed how La Duena was originally released to target women smokers. That being said they are both great sticks. Personally I just find myself fishing for a Tatuaje Ambos Mundos over La Duena when I need a good daily go to stick.