Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
airport security revisited
I know we have talked about airport security before, but I have a newfound knowledge of it. I was always concerned that they would take my cigar cutter if I tried to carry it on. I rarely check a bag so the solution was always bringing one I didnt really care about. That sucked because as we all know, most of the cheapo cutters give you a bad cut. Well, now that I work at the airport I have been reading up on the rules. I stumbled onto a list of approved items today and cigar cutters are on it, in a carry on or checked. The only catch is the TSA agent can deem anything dangerous on a case by case basis. I wont be trying to get my wooden v cutter on a plane, but from now on I will be traveling with a good cutter for sure.
I like smoking lightning
Interesting....
One would think a wooden v cutter would be easier then a normal cutter.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Interesting... I still don't think I will try it with nice cutter.
--Mike
(12-15-2011, 06:21 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: One would think a wooden v cutter would be easier then a normal cutter.

The only reason I would think it would be an issue because you could easily take it apart and use it as a weapon.
I like smoking lightning
I would think that the v cutter would be confiscated because once it is taken apart it has that point for stabbing. Then again I am sure that if Skipper and Parkster wanted to they could take down a play with pens.
Have kept cutters with my carry on several times with no issues.
I've never taken a cutter, but last year I did make it through two airports with an Anatomy Dissection kit in my bookbag... with multiple knives and surgical scalpel blades (I didn't realize I still had it).
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
(12-15-2011, 10:20 PM)US_Tank Wrote: I would think that the v cutter would be confiscated because once it is taken apart it has that point for stabbing. Then again I am sure that if Skipper and Parkster wanted to they could take down a play with pens.

Tank I agree with you. A typical punch of twin blade might slip by, but the V cut has the nasty looking point which TSA would likely frown upon.

(12-17-2011, 09:55 AM)GMJager Wrote: I've never taken a cutter, but last year I did make it through two airports with an Anatomy Dissection kit in my bookbag... with multiple knives and surgical scalpel blades (I didn't realize I still had it).

Ugh...Anatomy. Erin had to do that last year for her PT program and it was nasty. I heard all the gross stories and she smelled like formaldehyde every day after lab.

Last year I went to southern Cal for a business trip. However I went early in order to herf with Riofan. My buck knife in my backpack made it from ND to Cal without any issues. It was only when I was unpacking at Marcelo's place did I realize what had happened.