Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Best Cigar to Age
Well, I'm looking to put some sticks away for 5+ years and I know what I'm thinking but I want to know what you guys would buy for the sole purpose of putting down for at least 5 years of aging.  Any and all cigars are up for this one.  Cuban or non, bundle or premium.  Just tell me what and why!  I look forward to your recommendations.Big Grin
RyJ Short Churchills, H Upmann No 2s, Anejos, Opus, And I think the new AVO LE07s will age very nice Smile
Besides from what Tony said you must add the AVO 80 cigar. Strongest Avo yet and I beleive aging will round out this cigar very nicely to a very complex full bodied smoke.

Also just about any of the Edicion Limitada cigars will benefit from extended aging.  They are pretty much built to be aged and not smoked young, I have found the RyJ Petite Belicoso, Monte B & C, PSD1, 2 & 3 and Cohiba Sublimes have very high potential.

For something cheaper, I have always liked the Punch/Hoyo Rothchilds Oscuro.  Age does make this cigar better.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
BBF's

They are abosolutley amazing with age.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Alright guys, nice start to this.  I've never really smoked a lot of the AVO's.  Not sure why.  I've just never gravitated towards them but I guess I'll have to get my hands on some.  Those RyJ Petite Beli's sound good to me as well!
forget all of the above.

El Cobre.

Nuff said.
In addition to what's listed here already:

LG Diez, Monte #2, PSD4, and my #1 on the list...Lusi box of each sitting for this very purpose.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
i think a lot of the '06 cubanos are ripe for serious aging. a very strong, balanced crop and blending all around, from what i've seen. i've got a box of hoyo dc's which is absolutely huge, and will definitely mature nicely, i hope.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:forget all of the above.

El Cobre.

Nuff said.
I still have that one from you from that pass Skip that say's "Bruce Lee" on the cello.  I think more people ask me about that stick than any other in the drawers!
macallan2 Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:forget all of the above.

El Cobre.

Nuff said.
I still have that one from you from that pass Skip that say's "Bruce Lee" on the cello.  I think more people ask me about that stick than any other in the drawers!
I still have that one as well. Cool
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"