Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You'll never believe what just happened...
So I bought an older Land Rover Discovery the other day.  I just love those li'l trucks and this one was the right price (cheap).  Great interior, smooth and quiet engine.  All was good!  Well, driving home today I'm on the freaking highway in rush hour traffic and all of a sudden I have no control over the truck!Confusedhock:  Luckily I got the thing off the road and into a spot where nothing/no one got hurt.  It was the steering rod.  How in the hell that thing broke I'll never know because I had NO warning!  Steering was tight and responsive up until this moment.  Physical inspection before buying looked fine.  I sure hope this is the only issue with this new (to me) truck.  Holy Sh#@ am I freaked out right now.  Oh well, everyone have a good weekend.  I know I'm feeling lucky to be alive!
[wow] Mac, you definitely had your angel on your shoulder with that one! Glad you are ok.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
glad you escaped intact, mac!

reminds me of my old beloved pea soup green vw bus. averaged about two near-deaths a month with that thing. Big Grin
Old saying with me and the bikers I know.

"Never ride faster than your guardian Angel can fly"

Fingers crossed that this is the only problem you have with the Disco Mac. Mrs P owned one for a couple of years and it was bullet proof.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Glad nobody was hurt. I hate those clean out your pants incidents.

Had to be a previous hit or the ball came out of the socket. How many miles on it Mac?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I'm very glad you made it out OK Mac... Whew... musta put the fear of god in ya.
good to see you are safe!  Thats crazy.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Thankfully you are ok and didn't get hurt,i hope everything else on the vehicle is good.
I'm glad no one was hurt. Smile

You must have a pretty powerful angel sitting on your shoulder. [angel]

Now...go buy some lottery tickets!!Big Grin
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Glad you are ok and it was rush hour traffic. Most importantly no one was hurt. Cars are easy to fix; people on the other hand...

(rush hour traffic in LA is bumper to bumper - Just realized you must have been traveling faster)