Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Will Eat What *I* Say You Can Eat - Got It?
I don't mind the Gov making suggestions,thats ok.However...Telling me what to eat,when to fart,when its my turn to breathe etc is not gonna fly.I know it's silly and such,but give someone an inch and they want the whole mile.
Non-educational toys - done already... try to buy a toy gun

alcohol - tried and failed

meat and unhealthy food trans-fats... meat? hmmm...

tobacco - where have you been?

table salt - It's healthy. Our only source of Iodine (even if it's uinnaturally added)

obscenity - once again Rob... Done.

abortion / pregnancy without a license - the Debate goes on

anything spicy - nah... not harmful

oh, you left out sugar.

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Non-educational toys - done already... try to buy a toy gun

alcohol - tried and failed

meat and unhealthy food trans-fats... meat? hmmm...

tobacco - where have you been?

table salt - It's healthy. Our only source of Iodine (even if it's uinnaturally added)

obscenity - once again Rob... Done.

abortion / pregnancy without a license - the Debate goes on

anything spicy - nah... not harmful

oh, you left out sugar.
see what i mean?  scary huh.
What about butter?

First its good, then its bad, try margerine, its good, yes? no, now its bad, back to butter, good?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
[user=64]Tonto The Long Island Sidekick[/user] wrote:
Quote:What about butter?

First its good, then its bad, try margerine, its good, yes? no, now its bad, back to butter, good?

Margerine's a transfat . . . hydrogenated vegetable oil. Butter, like any animal fat, will raise your cholesterol. Animal fat is what your body uses to MAKE cholesterol; cholesterol already IN food doesn't impact YOUR cholesterol levels, really.

Quote:Trans unsaturated fatty acids are produced commercially in large quantities by heating vegetable oils in the presence of metal catalysts and hydrogen to form shortening and margarine.

Yum, yum.

Quote:Hydrogenation of oils, with removal of essential fatty acids, is used in the food industry for the sole purpose of prolonging the shelf life of processed foods (to maximize profits).

. . . the "health" stuff was all a smokescreen . . .

Quote:By the early 1990s it became apparent that the consumption of trans fatty acids (hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils) had uniquely adverse effects on blood lipid levels in metabolic studies and was associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease in epidemiologic investigations. A 1995 industry-sponsored review concluded that there was insufficient evidence to take action and that further research was needed. Since then many more metabolic and epidemiologic studies have confirmed the adverse effects of trans fatty acids

Funny how industry-sponsored studies always seem to say more study is needed, isn't it? Wink

http://www.recoverymedicine.com/hydrogenated_oils.htm

*shrug* Y'all can make up your own minds, I reckon. But like Skipper, I'm a lil' bit amused at the hoops some people will jump through in their own heads before they'll give up their Krispy Kremes. [really]

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
My wife believes in Julia Child's philosophy....

"everything tastes better with butter & a little bit of wine"

& she lived to be 91 yrs old.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:My wife believes in Julia Child's philosophy....

"everything tastes better with butter & a little bit of wine"

& she lived to be 91 yrs old.

My Grandmother lived to be 86. She never allowed margarine into her house. she used butter for all of her baking and cooking (and like any Southern woman of any worth, bacon "drippings").

She always had a small glass of red wine before going to bed.

How did she die? She decided she was through and just quit eating.

She got to see her own kids retire from their proffesions, see her grandkids get settled into theirs, and see her great-grandkids out of diapers and running around.

Like her, I don't trust anything that you can leave sitting (without canning or refrigeration) and won't go off.

Works pretty good for reconditioning old leather though. But, that is another thread.

It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!