Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070312/ap_on_sc/polar_trek_1

"MINNEAPOLIS - A North Pole expedition meant to bring attention to global warming was called off after one of the explorers got frostbite. The explorers, Ann Bancroft and Liv Arnesen, on Saturday called off what was intended to be a 530-mile trek across the Arctic Ocean after Arnesen suffered frostbite in three of her toes, and extreme cold temperatures drained the batteries in some of their electronic equipment.

"Ann said losing toes and going forward at all costs was never part of the journey," said Ann Atwood, who helped organize the expedition......"
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Jan, this is like the thing that happened to the sea otter after the Valdeez incident. The bunny huggers "rescued" the otter, drug it around the state of Alaska as a mascot to show all the good they were doing and what the bad, bad oil companies were killing. Then came the day to set the otter free. They called a huge press conference and all kinds of reporters showed up, they opened the door to the crate and sticks his head out and goes back in, show then they start shaking the box to get the little fella out. He finally comes out, reluctantly, and then the dogooders shuffle along together to herd him back out into the water. He really didn't want to go, but the people wouldn't let him back on land. All this time, the tape was running.

All of the sudden there was a large splash and the otter was gone! Seems there was a killer whale just a few yards of shore, and apparantly, he thought all the people were there to serve him lunch!

that is good....you really cant write this stuff, both stories, tontos and DD's

this should be in a textbook to explain irony
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
not even worth the chance of getting carpal tunnel debating it.  youre going to believe what you want, and me discussing it won't change that.

funny otter stories though.

TomC

Sad though when a society percieves "do-gooders" as a negative thing.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
[user=96]ColbyPants[/user] wrote:
Quote:Sad though when a society percieves "do-gooders" as a negative thing.

Indeed.

"Look, it's COLD at the North Pole! That PROVES global warming's a big fraud!!! Tongue

To paraphrase Hank Hill . . . I live in Texas. It gets to 108º in the shade already, and if it gets ONE degree hotter, I'm kicking somebody's ass. [really]

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:[user=96]ColbyPants[/user] wrote:

Indeed.

"Look, it's COLD at the North Pole! That PROVES global warming's a big fraud!!! Tongue

To paraphrase Hank Hill . . . I live in Texas. It gets to 108º in the shade already, and if it gets ONE degree hotter, I'm kicking somebody's ass. [really]

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
ROFLMAO

Not A Nice Person Wrote:[user=96]ColbyPants[/user] wrote:

Indeed.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]

You rock bro .......LMAO[lol]Love that show
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin