Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, the pain is intense!
A little update for everyone.  My throat is finally starting to feel a bit better.  Right now it is just like a really bad sore throat.  I think I should be back to normal within a week.  Hopefully it won't be long after that and I can get back to smoking.

Brad
You're right on schedule Brad! It was 10 days for me too. How many popsicles did you eat?
I didn't eat a single popsicle.  I've never really liked the things to be honest. 

For the first few days all I did was eat ice cream.  The only problem was that I just couldn't get full.  I was so incredible hungry.  So, after a few days I started eating a lot of crab stew and lobster bisque.  Then about 6 days in I just got sick of all of those things and decided I would try eat more normal food like well cooked pasta, mashed potatoes, etc.  Unfortunately I really wasn't ready for those foods, and I ended up making 6 or 7 meals a day that I would eat a few bites of and then give up because it hurt so much.  My kitchen looked like a disaster area.  Yesterday was the first day I could actually eat nearly a full meal of softer food.  I think I ended up losing about 4 lbs.   If only the whole thing would have lasted a couple of months, I could have met my weight loss goals!

Brad
Must be you were able to eat more that I did, I lost 10 lbs in 10 days. I actually ate baby food I was so hungry. Dr. gave me demoral pills, tiny things but still hard for me to swallow. They made me feel better, but I was still ravenously hungry!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"Glad you're coming out the other side. Welcome back.