Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wounded Warriors Refuses Donation
(07-06-2012, 04:23 PM)tafdom Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 03:50 PM)TheValKitty Wrote: I was at this event - it was a lot of fun, and I think they raised a good amount of money for Fisher House. The director of Fisher House got up and thanked all of the veterans. It made me cry - but I am sentimental like that. It was a wonderful event - we blogged about it - the blog is in my sig line.

They are doing this event again next year, likely for the same beneficiary - I hope some of y'all can make it down, the Finck's are a fine family and know how to throw a party - and they know about supporting veterans and their local community.

How cool!!! You GO Girl!!

Our local cigar club that meets regularly at Finck's, sends a great deal of cigars to guys on the sharp end. We hold a couple fund raisers a year and Bill Finck jr. gives us great deals for this. I'm not sure this year but last year we ended up sending whole coolerdores to the guys...

WW is short sighted for refusing donations. But they do a great deal of good with what they do take in. It could be so much more.Huh
I'd be pissed. Speaking from a military pespective, many of us are enjoying a good smoke. It's a good way to calm down and bull$hit with others who are dealing with the same stuff you are.

We have daily "counseling" session out here in our tiki hut.
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less"

Gen Shinseki