Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife threw out some of my cigars
rspence000 Wrote:Man it sucks...first she told me that she put them in a dumpster at the hospital she works at.

I went up the next day and looked in various dumpsters....after she told me they were left in front of a bar!

What can a guy do...My main Coolidor is safe and that is important.

:X
Like I said bro take what she loves most and donate it somewhere so she feels what you feel right no, no excuse when it comes to husband and wife, it's all about the communication. :?
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
That is nuts dude....like PO said....its one thing if the wife breaks ya balls here and there. I mean my wife knows I love the hobby and deals with it. But then again, she wants me to be moderate with it. So occasionally I hear: "Dont smoke too much"......But she would never touch my collection or anything crazy like that.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
All I can say is thank heavens I saved my coolidoor!

Probably $4000 in that baby...all Cubans!

I figure I lost about a grand worth but nothing I can do...

Just order more LOL
I dont friggin inhale...smoke 3 or 4 cigars a week...big deal.

She works for a Cardioligist so every puff is an issue.

Just a bad situation...I dont like to lie but what choice do I have?

rspence000 Wrote:I dont friggin inhale...smoke 3 or 4 cigars a week...big deal.

She works for a Cardioligist so every puff is an issue.

Just a bad situation...I dont like to lie but what choice do I have?

What would you be lying about?  And you have plenty of choices but I would recommend having a conversation piece with your wife who threw the cigars out before asking online entities what you should do. 
this sucks bro!

what you need to do is throw out around 40% of her shoes... and tell her how many pair do you need? you only have 2 feet.  Big Grin
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Only problem is she spends no money on herself and as a result I feel guilty LOL

Just hate to see a hobby I like be turned into the devils work.
pretty much, unexcusable.  Sounds like time for a serious sit down explaining that the cigars are part the package that came with the marriage.  I couldn't stand keeping cigars hidden, but that's just me.
True(what gnome said). If you had some horrible health condition I could understand, as she would care for your health. If not though, you've got to have a sit down. If your not really happy and you either lie or stop (either way) your just placating and that will only lead to more problems in the future. My fiance had some problems with me recently getting into cigars and I agreed not to smoke too often, but just as I'm respecting her concerns she knows she needs to respect the things that I enjoy- of course i realise it's never easy but sometimes you just have to collect yourself and face it directly, see if you can reach a compromise but don't give in or pretend to just to shut her up.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ab826c"Whatever happens good luck and I hope it works out, and I may be wrong (I'm not as old and experienced as some others may be).
I'm just curious, how long have you been smoking cigars? How long are you married?