Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not to complain about cigar prices anymore.
I was in Denver this week. We went out to a cigar bar Tuesday and Wednesday night. They had a small humidor, but some excellent cigars. However, when I asked for the cigar menu, I was a victim if "shock and awe". Opus X #2s were a staggering $115.00, and the box was almost empty. Fuente Between The Lines, a hefty $75.00 per stick. I really didn't need to look any further.

Also, there are only a few places in Denver where you can smoke anymore.
if people are stupid enough to pay it than they deserve to get ripped off.
I would have "politely" let them know what I think of those prices.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:I would have "politely" let them know what I think of those prices.
Yeah;
"Your Prices are rippofff scam prices.............rub it on your chest!!!"
i would at least insist on the vaseline "appetizer".
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:i would at least insist on the vaseline "appetizer".
[lol]
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Electric Prune Wrote:I was in Denver this week. We went out to a cigar bar Tuesday and Wednesday night. They had a small humidor, but some excellent cigars. However, when I asked for the cigar menu, I was a victim if "shock and awe". Opus X #2s were a staggering $115.00, and the box was almost empty. Fuente Between The Lines, a hefty $75.00 per stick. I really didn't need to look any further.

Also, there are only a few places in Denver where you can smoke anymore.
Can you bring in your own cigars to smoke?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I've been to a few cigar bars and I believe it's a general rule that you will pay more for your smokes there.  Five to eight bucks more a stick, fine.  At the same time, what Electric posted was just out of this world.Confusedhock:  As for bringing your own smokes, I would imagine you could, but I personally didn't, as I felt it was rude.  Kind of like carrying in Burger King stuff into McDonald's or something else along those lines.  I would be curious to learn what others think of that practice.
I carry my own sticks into cigar bars.  I'm not paying double or triple the price of a stick just so I don't appear rude.  Tongue

Besides, I'm buying their booze, (at double what it costs at a regular bar), so they're getting their money.
teh cigar/good beer bar i have been frequenting the last 6 years of so has only thir house cigars so in the last 6 years, i have bought exactaly 1 cigar their, i alway bring my own.