Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White spec's on the ash
Ok, in my quest to become a connoisseur like so many peeps here, questions come up during puffing on sticks. 

Today, while on the patio enjoying an Olivia Serie G there were tiny white specs that appeared on the ash.  I have heard of the "white" stuff on the outside of wrappers as being a good thing (not mold) but have never seen these on ash. 

So what do you peeps think this is?  The smoke is good and am enjoying but don't want to have white specs on my face that might appear later in the day Confusedhock: cause of something :?

Thanks in advance
The white specs on the ash are usually mineral deposits in the leaf.  Here is a great read on ash characteristics:

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=144&forum_id=2
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Can you post a pic of it?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Teeths.

Where the oil is stored in the leafs.  They are good to see. 

This is just my guess.

I read through the article and didn't see a reference to the white specs.  Sorry no pic, enjoyed the smoke then had to go to my daughters soccer game and she made me a proud papa today Smile

The specs looked like salt crystals on the ash, I haven't seen that before and have smoked a few of the Olivia's so it's a mystery.  They didn't diminish the smoke in anyway and maybe helped it some as the smoke was rich and thick.

Any more idea's?
I've seen a few cases where the specs were actually mineral deposits...from the soil where the tobacco was grown. I think they were magnesium.

I can't remember where Or when I saw the post & pics...I think it might have been 1 of Docs.
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:I've seen a few cases where the specs were actually mineral deposits...from the soil where the tobacco was grown. I think they were magnesium.

I can't remember where Or when I saw the post & pics...I think it might have been 1 of Docs.

OK...here is a link to the thread...

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=2364&forum_id=2&highlight=magnesium
That's it! it appeared exactly as the picture and when reading through the thread another Olivia Serie stick was mentioned......hummm

Thanks TTLIS [cigar] you rock man!
Those white specs are very dangerous.
Better send me all of your sticks, just to be safe!

Tongue
Sorry JB, they are a memory now Tongue