Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the Sharks?
I have been looking and can't find any that are close to MSRP.
Tampa Sweethearts maybe?

(11-25-2018, 11:07 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: Tampa Sweethearts maybe?

That's the place that I used to use, back in the day when I had the $$ to spare.  Prices were good & they had the stuff.

I was just thinking about them last week, thought about buying myself a fiver, but I couldn't remember the name of the place, only the name of the city.

Damn, I'm getting old. Sad
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
They have them but only in a sampler with a couple other AF's . Starting to wonder if they didn't make to many this year.
I haven't purchased anything from there in a long time, but you may want to give them a call. They may be able to put something together for you that is different than what they offer online.
(11-26-2018, 03:10 PM)Magnum PI Wrote: I haven't purchased anything from there in a long time, but you may want to give them a call.  They may be able to put something together for you that is different than what they offer online.

^^This^^
Didn't they used to send around an email with a list of the hard to find stuff? This may have been at least ten years ago, probably more. Would come out around this time of year, does that sound right Jan?
(11-26-2018, 04:34 PM)Magnum PI Wrote: Didn't they used to send around an email with a list of the hard to find stuff?  This may have been at least ten years ago, probably more.  Would come out around this time of year, does that sound right Jan?

Yeah, I think they did.   It has been a long time though - just makes me realize how old I am... lol

(11-26-2018, 04:34 PM)Magnum PI Wrote: Didn't they used to send around an email with a list of the hard to find stuff?  This may have been at least ten years ago, probably more.  Would come out around this time of year, does that sound right Jan?

Yeah, that's how I remember it too.

Also, I seem to remember, that when you spent over $100 (this might have been by phone) you were then able to buy the real good stuff.
I just registered with the site & signed up for emails too.

Looking at the site, there are Anejos for sale, in singles or by the box (I'm not sure if prices are good on these or not, as I haven't bought them in such a long time.)

I didn't see sharks for sale individually though, maybe if you call.

I did see this 5 pack, https://www.tampasweethearts.com/anejoshark7760sampler.aspx

Quote: The Añejo Shark Sampler contains the following:
  • 3 - Añejo #77 "the Shark" (5 7/8" x 50/64)
  • 2 - Añejo #60 (6 1/4" x 49)
Price is $60.95 (not sure what shipping is though) 
For me, in my area, that's a good price.