Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to smoke a 1930's RA Trump???
waliguy Wrote:ON behalf of the Minnesota Cigar Smokers Association, I want to add that last night's event raised $21,206 for Wishes and More.  Here is our website:  http://www.mncsa.net/

This started as an idea of 5 guys who were cigar smoking buddies 9 years ago, and has grown each year.  Our goal was to give something back, tied to the hobby and passion we all love...smoking cigars.  We created an event where all the money raised each year is given to Wishes and More, who grants wishes to terminal kids.

Macallan2...you found a gem.  Enjoy it.  Thank you for coming to the event, and please come again next year.

Thanks for chiming in Waliguy!Big Grin  I believe we actually met at last year's event but I'm not sure.  This was my 2nd year at the event and I was quite impressed to see how much larger it was this year as opposed to last.  I brought a buddy with who had never been to a live auction and isn't much of a charity guy.  Needless to say a couple beers later he was bidding and winning and hooked.  Hell, on the way to the bar afterwards he was already talking about next year.  A classy event put on by classy guys.  Seriously impressed by the generosity I've witnessed at these events.  I'd be honored to share a smoke with any of you any time!  Of course, I would've really liked to have won that scotch tasting or the Sopranos viewing party for 10 at Tobacco Grove!Tongue  There's always next year right.
waliguy Wrote:ON behalf of the Minnesota Cigar Smokers Association, I want to add that last night's event raised $21,206 for Wishes and More.  Here is our website:  http://www.mncsa.net/

This started as an idea of 5 guys who were cigar smoking buddies 9 years ago, and has grown each year.  Our goal was to give something back, tied to the hobby and passion we all love...smoking cigars.  We created an event where all the money raised each year is given to Wishes and More, who grants wishes to terminal kids.

Macallan2...you found a gem.  Enjoy it.  Thank you for coming to the event, and please come again next year.

Maybe next year you can add some of the silent auctions to the forum, it may help to drive donations up.
I think you should wait another 30 years to smoke it.  Then it'll be a 100 year old cigar.
Keith Wrote:

Maybe next year you can add some of the silent auctions to the forum, it may help to drive donations up.
This would be impossible as this is a live event that happens one night.  They simply put out two ending time's worth of stuff on tables at the event and then list it all in the auction catalog.  This was just a fluke that it didn't get the attention it deserved. An online silent auction...  I think the CF boys do this too over at their site.
on a side note, this has been a fascinating thread to read!