Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When co-workers suprise you
A real nice guy I work with was really excited to give me this today. It's the thought that counts! I genuinely thanked him and kept my mouth shut. He said he paid $200 for five of these in Mexico.

Now let's pick them apart:

[Image: IMAG0099.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0098.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0097.jpg]

I have a three stick treat for him tomorrow, just for keeping me in mind.
WOW that is a beauty. At least it looks like a cigar that is about all it's going for itself.

2 bills for 5 thats a deal especially if it came in the limited edition glass top box.
Your right its the thought that counts
--Mike
Mike, what do you know about those anyway???... Wink

You're right man, it is the thought that counts. I had an employee of mine give me a questionable stick from a vacation she took this past year. I instantly knew, but obviously didn't ruin it for her. After a few months in the humi, it actually wasn't too bad at all...lol
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
That is very nice of your co-worker. A thoughtful gift that he obviously thinks is very valuable. Good on you to not spoil it for him, he would probably feel pretty stupid.

A friend of mine is in the military and was in Haiti a year ago. He came back with some and was really excited to give me a couple. I didnt tell him, but they were obvious fakes. He told me later that he thought they were probably fake, and told him I agreed.
I like smoking lightning
Definitely the thought that counts Smile
This is my boomstick!
Nice friend but if he takes another trip to Mexico then what? I wouldn't want him to waste more money.

I would certainly be grateful but I would also hint that you read there are a lot of fake ones out there.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I had the same issue. My father in law brought me back one from his vacation. Its hard to be gracious yet protect them from separating them from their money.
No Justice, No Peace!
I've had a few friends do the same and I just say thank you but next time just save your money in the nicest way I can.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.

(05-27-2011, 08:21 AM)-PO- Wrote: I've had a few friends do the same and I just say thank you but next time just save your money in the nicest way I can.

i have to agree. while it is very thoughtful, and super nice, you might want to mention to him that there are a lot of fakes out there, and the only way you know you're getting an authentic stick in mexico is to hit up a LCDH. man 40 bucks a stick times 5 sticks is really taking it. little advice never hurt anyone, but then again you don't want to hurt his feelings too bad.