Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you do for work or the joy of money???
pep Wrote:Flooring Biz. We specialize in natural stone & tile. Mostly in new construction & commercial work throughout the US.

Part time I am a cigar buying justifier. Just give me a deal and I will come up with a legitimate reason why I need to have it. Guaranteed!!!

LMAO[lol]

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
I work in the city government's IT department.  My official title is "Hardware Technician", but there isn't a thing IT related that I don't do.  I have more certificates than I care to think about, and more training coming up in the next year than I ever had in school.  Computer Geek is a good term to describe what I do...

Scott...  IT isn't that hard to get in to.  Find someone willing to take you on, read, read, read, and do what I do...  Take apart everything you can get your hands on to see how it works.  The biggest thing in IT is that you never, ever stop learning.  The damn industry changes so fast, that if you try to take a break, you'll get behind.  Ain't that right, Skipper??   Smile
BuffaloBill Wrote:
SaL Wrote:
BuffaloBill Wrote:Mechanical Engineer
<---Architect... come over from the dark side Wink
Don't you mean TO the dark side? 

Architects/Designers:  Dream up some crazy ass idea that will never work.

Engineer:  Figure out how to make it work.
I cant even think of something witty to say to that because it is so true
2 Winters ago I lived ina dorm on the ohio state campus with two other guys.  One was majoring in Architecture, the othe Mechanical Engineering.  You all sound just like them.  It never ended.

LOL

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Tom....Besides women, beer & cigars Big Grin  what's your major?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I own a design company here in NY. We specialize in web development and graphic design. Can pretty much design any type of website. Specialize in FLASH and databases. Also been doing alot of ecommerce stores. I have a full staff of about 15, fully trained in the latest technology. We also design for print media and advertisments. I make up my own hours - gets demanding at times since there are many clients to deal with and many projects always in house - but I love what I do and wouldn't change anything! Big Grin
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
English/Journalism

I grew up dreaming of writing for the Boston Globe, someday. . .

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I do what these guys do...

[Image: csi_ny.jpg]

But I'm a hell of a lot better than them Cool
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:But I'm a hell of a lot better looking than them Cool

I always thought so... Wink
I am a Division Manager for Ace Hardware/Ace Rental Place.  Basically, all of the stores in the Eastern half of the US that have tool and equipment rental are my charges.  I am responsible for their operations and profitability.  I also have to add stores to the program.  

Other than that, I smoke cigars, drink bourbon, and ogle women.  Basically I am a degenerate.

Smoke