Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you do for work or the joy of money???
Smoke Wrote:Other than that, I smoke cigars, drink bourbon, and ogle women.  Basically I am a degenerate.

Smoke 

roflmfao!

remember up to 32 or so it's considered ogling women.  after that they consider it more of a leer.  Wink
SaL Wrote:
BuffaloBill Wrote:
SaL Wrote:
BuffaloBill Wrote:Mechanical Engineer
<---Architect... come over from the dark side Wink
Don't you mean TO the dark side? 

Architects/Designers:  Dream up some crazy ass idea that will never work.

Engineer:  Figure out how to make it work.
I cant even think of something witty to say to that because it is so true
LOL, you guys are cracking me up.  Well I am not an Engineer or Architect, I am trying to finish school to become an Engineer.  But I currently Design commercial buildings, Estimate them and than project manage them.  So basically I start them and follow through with them till the end.  I aslo have my own business designing residental homes, remodels, custom, whatever they want.  Architects IMHO are living in fantasy land.  I have seen some crazy $hit from these guys, just because you draw it does not mean you can build it.  I have been through that too many time to count.  But I enjoy looking at there stuff.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
I remember reading somewhere that the average bloke will change jobs every five years and change careers every 10.

Let's see. I've been employed more-or-less continuously since 1984. Here's the list:

Camera Salesman
Darkroom Assistant
Photographer
Sports Reporter
Sports Editor
Features Reporter
Features Editor
Columnist
Asst. Managing Editor
Columnist
Food Critic
Columnist
Travel Agent
Computer Technician
Real Estate Agent
Brewmaster

I think I'll stick with the last one... I like it.
ScoopKW Wrote:I remember reading somewhere that the average bloke will change jobs every five years and change careers every 10.

Let's see. I've been employed more-or-less continuously since 1984. Here's the list:

Camera Salesman
Darkroom Assistant
Photographer
Sports Reporter
Sports Editor
Features Reporter
Features Editor
Columnist
Asst. Managing Editor
Columnist
Food Critic
Columnist
Travel Agent
Computer Technician
Real Estate Agent
Brewmaster

Since 1995:

Housekeeper at Lowell General
McClerk/Crew Chief
Record Store Employee
Oil and Tire Change Technician
Machine Maintainance to a factory that Makes Cracker JAcks (lots of caramel jams, yuck)
Fish Monger
Meat Counter Clerk
Movie Projector Operator
Burrito Roller (at two seperate places :-P)
Gorocery/frozen food/dairy clerk
Machine Operator in injection Molded Plastics
Gas Staion Attendant

and was at least a part time student most of that time (which is a job, if you ask me)

Wow, I didnt realize it was that many, LOL (I mean I am only 27)

TomC

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
ScoopKW Wrote:I remember reading somewhere that the average bloke will change jobs every five years and change careers every 10.

Camera Salesman
Darkroom Assistant
Photographer
Sports Reporter
Sports Editor
Features Reporter
Features Editor
Columnist
Asst. Managing Editor
Columnist
Food Critic
Columnist
Travel Agent
Computer Technician
Real Estate Agent
Brewmaster

bless you scoop. I call that an entrepreneur.

My list stands at:
  • Gas station attendant
  • mechanic
  • body mechanic
  • janitor
  • fireman (I made fires, not put them out, I ran the heating system and incinerator in a school (back in the day when we burned all the garbage that came down the paper chute)
  • McDonald's pickle applier & bun steamer
  • Kentucky Fried chicken cook (that's why I will NEVER eat there)
  • photographer
  • programmer
  • (graduated college here)
  • Engineer
  • Systems analyst
  • Consultant
  • IT Manager

Newspaper route early morning

Brick factory laborer

Tile factory laborer

Hod carrier

Brick layer

Degree in Business Admin

Army Infantry Pathfinder

Sales Rep RT French

Sales Rep Kraft Foods

Purchasing Agent - Mobile Home Industry

Construction Manager – International

Director of Administrative Services, HR, Labor Relations, Purchasing, Risk Management

Tongue  soon to retire!
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Busboy :?
Heavy Equipment/Diesel Mechanic, USN Seabees
Professional Tattooist
Housepainter
Paint store manager
Brickmason
Maintenance supervisor
Framing carpenter
Cabinet maker
Jeweler/gemologist
Certified Nursing Assistant
Bookseller
Teacher

Been the last one there for about ten years now.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Corn detassler-Did this until my eyes swelled shut once on a test plot.  The company paid the med. bill.

Telemarketer-Did this for three years when the average was six months.  People thought it was stressful, I just thought it was cool to piss people off for $7.00 an hour.  Citibank was the biggest client.

Janitor(for a university and factory cookbook press)-The U. had the best benefits though the pay was horrid.

Para-educator-Worked with a BD/LD student who caused two other paras to resignwithin three months.  I worked with him for a year before I graduated.  People didn't talk to me for a month since they thought I'd leave-they were wrong.Cool

*graduation*

Teacher-this is my seventh year.   I'm now in my first year at a residential treatment school that serves female mental health client/students and chemical dependent  boys who are finishing their treatment program and earning graduation credits or their GED.  I love what I do.
Sheet Metal Shop laborer

Retail Sales- WA St Uni Bookstore

Boom pond worker at Shake Mill ( Ran around on the logs w/o a flotation devise and pushed the logs up the slip to be sawed.)

Fiberglass boat builder

Health Spa Manager

Cop

Detective

Insurance Agent & Securities Registered Rep.

Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
For the last 7years I've been a professional Firefighter/Paramedic in a mid-sized (150,000) Texas city. Although at the beginning of last October I started working (on my days off from the FD) as a Sales Rep for a large telecom company. For the most part I sell Fiber optic solutions, and very high end connectivity to businesses. I met my manager at my local smoke lounge about a year and a half ago. We got to be good friends and last summer he convinced me to interview for the job. Well I nailed the interview and got the job, but am just not sure if I'm ready to give up being a Fireman. Becoming a firefighter at the city I work for is extremely difficult, usually 500 people take the entrance exam for 3-4 positions. So now I'm making more money than I've ever dreamed about, but working my ass off at two jobs. Oddly my manager has no problem with me working another job as long as I hit quota. The best part about the telecom job is most of the time my manager and I will work out of the smoke lounge instead of our offices.