Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your insomnia cure?
That is similar to my "routine", but not by choice.  Working nights makes it hard to get more than a few hours of uninterupted sleep, at least for me.  I usually get 4 to 5 hours, and then try and catch an hour or so nap before I go to work.

It has been really hard for me to get into any kind of routine.  Some days I go to bed right when I get home, and some days I stay up until 1 or 2.  I know this isnt good for me but it all depends on what I have to do for the day.
I like smoking lightning
crowb8 Wrote:[help]What do you do, drink, smoke, look at, listen to, eat, pop or smell to help relax enough to fall asleep? (Besides being here on SC). [pirate2]
divorce. Worked wonders for me.
Consider me an odd one.  I can't sleep if its silent or in total darkness.    I, on an average night, have the following stimuli...

1) Radio/Ipod dock (which has an LED light illuminating most of the room in blue.  It functions as my alarm clock for 5:30am)

2) Television, usually set for a 60min sleep timer, tuned to either family guy or fox news.   Occasionally depending on my bed time, i'll opt for Michael Savage or Jerry Doyla on the radio instead. 

3) Ceiling fan.  I like being COLD, and have a need to sleep under a blanket or sheet.  If you see me sleeping without a blanket, i'm not sleeping, i'm unconscious.

4) In the summer time, an open window.  There is a chance of either a drunk stumbling home, or kids playing after the streetlights came on.

#4 doesn't really matter.  For the most part I can't sleep without 1, 2, & 3.
Stay up for 2 days straight (at least 36 hours) and you'll have no trouble falling asleep the following night. Wink
Roukill Wrote:Stay up for 2 days straight (at least 36 hours) and you'll have no trouble falling asleep the following night. Wink

I do that almost every week.

Last week I got up at 3pm on Thursday, worked until 5:30 am Friday, went home and took a shower and ate, went back to work another 8 hour shift, and was back home by 5 PM.  I did this so I could have a somewhat normal 4th of July weekend.  Instead of going to bed when I got home, I went to a BBQ at a friends.  As usual, I was the last one to bed at about 2 am, and then was up at 6 am.

This is also my training regiment for Las Vegas in a few weeks.[bravo2]
I like smoking lightning
I cannot sleep without a fan going on. I have had this broken black and decker oscillating fan that has not oscillated for years. Space since the move in September forced a small one on the headbored. Now the AC noise does the trick although I have been putting on the fan too.

I've been having a harder time the past two weeks so I end up putting on cigar reviews whethe they be video or audio ones. It's not that they bore me, I can't get enough of them, I think it's just the repetitive monologue for so long.
"For the man who takes success with ease"
goodfellamatt78 Wrote:I cannot sleep without a fan going on. I have had this broken black and decker oscillating fan that has not oscillated for years. Space since the move in September forced a small one on the headbored. Now the AC noise does the trick although I have been putting on the fan too.

I've been having a harder time the past two weeks so I end up putting on cigar reviews whethe they be video or audio ones. It's not that they bore me, I can't get enough of them, I think it's just the repetitive monologue for so long.

I'm this way too.  i've slept with a fan on for years.  And since getting married usually earplugs everynight.  I was never good on family trips having to sleep wtih other people and it still isn't any better being married for almost 2 years!
And I CANNOT stand ticking clocks when I'm tryign to sleep unless im passout drunk.

But for some reason I just like to stay up, even if I have ABSOLUTLY nothing at ALL to do and am bored and exhausted as hell and continually tell myself, if you get to bed earlier, your workouts will be better, you'll be more focused at work ect..  But I don't.
[happy]
Djaric Wrote:I'm this way too.  i've slept with a fan on for years.  And since getting married usually earplugs everynight.  I was never good on family trips having to sleep wtih other people and it still isn't any better being married for almost 2 years!
And I CANNOT stand ticking clocks when I'm tryign to sleep unless im passout drunk.

But for some reason I just like to stay up, even if I have ABSOLUTLY nothing at ALL to do and am bored and exhausted as hell and continually tell myself, if you get to bed earlier, your workouts will be better, you'll be more focused at work ect..  But I don't.
[happy]

I know exactly what you mean about family trips. When to Maine with the girlfriends family and slept outside in a tent. It was brutal.

"For the man who takes success with ease"