Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the price for Aging?
While I've been sitting around being miserable today (extremely stuffed up and sick:X) I took the opportunity to search through some of my favorite sites/forums.  It came to me that many people in the online cigar world really frown upon charging more than what you paid for cigars.  That led me to the question of what's a fair markup in your eyes for aged cigars?  Is there a percentage for every year of proper storage?  Does it depend on the vitola & brand?  What say you SC'ers?  I don't have much experience buying vintage cigars but may be venturing that way and wanted some input.
From what I have seen, aged cigar (10 yrs or less) run between 50 and 100 bucks more than regular production.  Vintage cigars (10+ years) all depend on the brand, age, and retailer.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I think a lot depends on the buyer as well.  Personally, I never buy aged smokes, unless I can get a great deal on them.  I don't know why, but I've never been attracted to the mystique of aging.. I smoke too fast I think Big Grin
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Mark Wrote:From what I have seen, aged cigar (10 yrs or less) run between 50 and 100 bucks more than regular production.  Vintage cigars (10+ years) all depend on the brand, age, and retailer.
Yeah, I tend to agree with you but want to make sure I'm not being naive here.  I'd love to hear what LZ or some of the longtime smokers think...
macallan2 Wrote:
Mark Wrote:From what I have seen, aged cigar (10 yrs or less) run between 50 and 100 bucks more than regular production.  Vintage cigars (10+ years) all depend on the brand, age, and retailer.
Yeah, I tend to agree with you but want to make sure I'm not being naive here.  I'd love to hear what LZ or some of the longtime smokers think...
I would pay extra for aging.  No real experience on my end but I know it helps most cigars.  I would cut off my left pinky to get a hold of 5+ yr Esplendido.
madurodave Wrote:
macallan2 Wrote:
I would pay extra for aging.  No real experience on my end but I know it helps most cigars.  I would cut off my left pinky to get a hold of 5+ yr Esplendido.
I know where to get a box of 01' Esplendidos. Cool
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
madurodave Wrote:
macallan2 Wrote:
I have a Esplendido with 2 years on her!  Send me half your pinky and its yours!  Smile

I agree with Mark on this. I just paid $500 for a box of 1998 Partagas 898's.

Paul. Stogiesmile

Mark Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:
macallan2 Wrote:
Cool.  Still gonna cost me a pinky finger?:?
madurodave Wrote:
Mark Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:
macallan2 Wrote:
Cool.  Still gonna cost me a pinky finger?:?

Nope!

It will cost ya one if ya get the box. Tongue
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"