Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What goes best for you with a stick?
Vitamin G Wrote:I'm going to have to pickup a bottle of that Ron Zacapa rum. I hear it mentioned all the time around here.

For me though, root beer, bourbon/scotch, or on the every now and again, port.

I have seen root beer more then a few time and I kinda don't see it. The root beer's I remember as a youngster were real sweet and strong. I actually grew up with a family that made and bottled there own and always had it but that’s all I remember.  Any suggestions for me to revisit this drink? Please advize and thanks in advance.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Mug is my "widely available" favorite.

If you have any old fashioned brews available to you locally, i'd say go try out a couple and see which work best for you.  For me, rootbeer is best with mild cigars.  Really brings out the subtle flavors that aren't as prevalent with a full flavored stick.
Coffee or ice water for me, all the way. The past few months I started drinkin coffee with my smoke and the more I do it, the more I enjoy it. Good company or a book is a must as well tho. Or some good tunes when Im driving.
tafdom Wrote:
Vitamin G Wrote:I'm going to have to pickup a bottle of that Ron Zacapa rum. I hear it mentioned all the time around here.

For me though, root beer, bourbon/scotch, or on the every now and again, port.

I have seen root beer more then a few time and I kinda don't see it. The root beer's I remember as a youngster were real sweet and strong. I actually grew up with a family that made and bottled there own and always had it but that’s all I remember.  Any suggestions for me to revisit this drink? Please advize and thanks in advance.
A&W,  Barq's (the diet is not to bad either), Mug are all good caned root beers that are the most common.  Stewart's is pretty good to and comes in 6 pack glass bottles (there cream soda is good too!).  The best I have ever had was at some place that made there own I visited years ago on a family vacation.  Bottomless root beer floats! 

I usually drink a rum and coke with my cigars, if I go N/A I have either a diet pepsi or water, but I have gone CyP and had a capri sun also Tongue
Woodford Reserve bourbon, Dalmore Cigar Malt Scotch, or Ron Pampero Anniversario rum. Those are the big three for me.

George T. Stagg uncut, unfiltered Straight Kentucky Bourbon is awesome with cigars and a staggering 141.8 proof this year, but it only comes out in limited quantities once a year so I can't call it a "regular" tipple. Even if I did knock out TWO bottles of this year's release! [lol]

Sazerac 18 Straight Rye on the rocks, no splash, is good with a lot of the cigars I smoke---that rich rye spiciness goes great with full-bodied fare.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Forgot the Dalmore Cigar Malt.  I need to pick up a few bottles next time I see it.  I've heard it was discontinued, which would be a shame.
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Woodford Reserve bourbon, Dalmore Cigar Malt Scotch, or Ron Pampero Anniversario rum. Those are the big three for me.

George T. Stagg uncut, unfiltered Straight Kentucky Bourbon is awesome with cigars and a staggering 141.8 proof this year, but it only comes out in limited quantities once a year so I can't call it a "regular" tipple. Even if I did knock out TWO bottles of this year's release! [lol]

Sazerac 18 Straight Rye on the rocks, no splash, is good with a lot of the cigars I smoke---that rich rye spiciness goes great with full-bodied fare.

NANP™
[cigar]

Bobgun introduced us to this at the ND Herf.   I got one glass.   Snooze you loose.   However, I guess because of the Dalmore Scotch Gunnar was snoozing!   LOL!
Good thread. Love that orange listernine.

In terms of drink, depends where I'm at. With Gunnar and Tank, it's a combo of beer and single malt.

By myself, it could anything from soda to beer to whiskey to all 3 or anything.  
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Woodford Reserve bourbon, Dalmore Cigar Malt Scotch, or Ron Pampero Anniversario rum. Those are the big three for me.

NANP™
[cigar]
Dalmore CM is out of production
Did this just happen?