Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you smoking?
Jan, can you share the details on how you did the bacon wrapped turkey breast please?

I think I'm going to try that this weekend.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
(07-01-2020, 11:22 AM)Benfishin1 Wrote: Jan, can you share the details on how you did the bacon wrapped turkey breast please?

I think I'm going to try that this weekend.

The only thing is I don't inject them. I used the frozen butterball turkey breasts.

Just to note:  I have been using thick cut bacon, but I'm going to experiment with normal cut bacon.  Also, I'm going to remove the turkey skin, it comes out a little rubbery being covered by the bacon, so it doesn't crisp up.

Oh, it reheats well in the oven.  Last time, I made 2.  one went in the freezer...until last night.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Thanks Jan. I was wondering if it was like the one Malcolm did. Going to give it a whirl this weekend.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
I think the Frozen Butterball breasts work best. You need to take off The netting. Next time I am going to take off the skin as well. It gets a little rubbery because it's covered by the bacon weave
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Chicken wings tonight
Going to keep it simple for the 4th...burgers, hot dogs, corn

But doing a brisket on Sunday.
Papa Murphy's on the pit tonight. Smoked at 200° for about 45 minutes, then turned the heat up to 350° to finish off and crisp the crust. The cheese really picked up the smoke flavor. So good![Image: 9483b59fd9640164d68ea3ebde8ab0c6.jpg][Image: b0dfd218742535820ec9023c6b795754.jpg]
Those pizzas look great!

I really have to try this!