Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you smoking?
Way too jealous.. I think we need to ban Ben.  Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Setting up to smoke some  macaroni and cheese following Ben's recipe
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Awesome. Excited to see what you think of it.

I think the next time I make it I'm going to try adding some fresh cheese curds. I'm not sure how well they'll melt, but I have to try it at least once. This is Wisconsin after all.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
They tasted great. My wife added some Swiss cheese to it. Bacon next time 

Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Maybe a big rack of spare ribs tomorrow, if it doesn't rain again, but it looks like it will.
Looking good Jan..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Looks great Jan!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Rubbed a nice butt today... [Image: 8aad1970fd6b1aca6ccea08e272743be.jpg][Image: bdec053101c023c4eea2ee147b5c1e78.jpg][Image: 4b78c2e1ae635af9b3676204a68ae6e4.jpg]
Damn, that looks great Ben!

I've never done a pork butt, I have one in the freezer though, waiting.

Details please!  Smile
Thanks, it was tasty.

Fired up the smoker this morning at 4AM. While that was coming up to temp I rubbed it with yellow mustard and then liberally applied a sweet bbq rub.
After it was on the smoker I made a bourbon brown sugar mop sauce. I mopped it once an hour with the sauce until it hit an IT of 165°. Then I put it into an aluminum pan and dumped the rest of the sauce over top. Cover the pan with foil and back on the smoker until I hit an IT of 203°.
I let it rest for an hour in a cooler and then got to pulling.