Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you paying?
TatuajeVI Wrote:
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
Magnum PI Wrote:My local has the petit lancero for $13.50 each.  I didn't buy any.

Rob, what are you paying for these?Big Grin
at the current exchange rate i am receiving approximately $6.50 american per opus dependent upon vitola plus expenses to pick them up at the store.  i then use them to fertilize the garden and ward off stray animals. in a pinch i will use the smaller vitolas to balance the stacks of litto in the cabinet.  Tongue
Do I detect?..............naw.......Viva La Coronado...............................

Indeed.  VIVA LITTO!

[Image: grabEventPic.aspx?pic=Litto-2007__98_.jpg&w=500]
30-50% above msrp.  One of my locals has the PL's for 11.25 before tax and when ever he has the other stuff it's around the same.  He is the cheapest guy in town, but he often doesnt have the inventory of opus that the others have and the others typically run $14-17 before tax.

It's cheaper than online and if you like these the way I do.  I guess it's okay to pay.  I sometimes lose my mind and over buy when in the shop and they tell me "no limit on opus for you".  Hence the extra stuff that I'm trying to unload
I haven't seen the PL here, but most Opus run $14.95-15.95 here. Little less for the xXx, I think.

But then I have to factor in the gas money to Austin, so I don't buy unless I'm up there visiting friends already.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
I see you're in O.P. Me too. I get most of my smokes at Tobacco Cove on Roosevelt past the base. I just moved into the area so I don't know everything about Clay County yet. I'm going to check out a cigar place in Roosevelt Mall on my way in to work today. Let me know of any good places in the area. I have been to Edwards in San Marco and Aromas as well. Walking into Tobacco Cove is like walking into a minature heavan, nothing but the good stuff.[user=86]burn-slow[/user] wrote:
Quote:30-50% above msrp.  One of my locals has the PL's for 11.25 before tax and when ever he has the other stuff it's around the same.  He is the cheapest guy in town, but he often doesnt have the inventory of opus that the others have and the others typically run $14-17 before tax.

It's cheaper than online and if you like these the way I do.  I guess it's okay to pay.  I sometimes lose my mind and over buy when in the shop and they tell me "no limit on opus for you".  Hence the extra stuff that I'm trying to unload
Howard and the crew at tobacco cove on roosevelt are the greatest.  He throws in a free smoke half the time when I purchase and is always willing to share a cold beer with you.  Although it's a smaller shop verses aromas Edwards or Island girl I enjoy the atmosphere there more than any where.  There's about nine shops locally that I frequent all of which have great staff and smokes.  The shop in the Roosevelt shopping center is new and last I checked were still working on building some of the more sought after stuff for inventory but the owner is a pretty nice guy.  Also the tobbacco cove on baymeadows rd usually have more HTF smokes but their prices are substantially higher than the tobbacco cove on Roosevelt.
Thanks for the info. Island Girl. That's the one place I keep forgeting to check out, thanks for reminding me.
I can't believe you guys have so many places to shop. In our town of 1 million we only have 5 shops.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

TatuajeVI Wrote:
Magnum PI Wrote:My local has the petit lancero for $13.50 each.  I didn't buy any.

Rob, what are you paying for these?Big Grin
at the current exchange rate i am receiving approximately $6.50 american per opus dependent upon vitola plus expenses to pick them up at the store.  i then use them to fertilize the garden and ward off stray animals. in a pinch i will use the smaller vitolas to balance the stacks of litto in the cabinet.  Tongue
Do I detect?..............naw.......Viva La Coronado...............................

Indeed.  VIVA LITTO!

[Image: grabEventPic.aspx?pic=Litto-2007__98_.jpg&w=500]
LITTO IS THE S%#*!!!!!!!!