Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a couple of months...
Hang in there, Doug! It sounds like you're on a better path toward self-emplyment. Just think how much fun it will be when you do get take the toys out for some shooting.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
(09-11-2012, 02:45 PM)Lurch Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 01:59 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: STRANAHANS!!!! One of my favorite whiskeys!!!!!!!!! (when I can find it)

Hang in there Lurch. Once the clouds are all used up all that remains is the silver linings.

They only can make enough to supply Colorado. They are trying to ramp up production but it takes years to get it into the supply line. I can mail you bottle Skip if you would like. Also thanks for words, actually doing pretty good just need a part time job to keep me in cigars and ammo.

I have been buying it in NY. A few stores here and there get a few bottles every oncein a while. I manage to buy up all I can when I see it. I have 3 bottles... well, 2 full and 1 almost empty, currently in my cabinet.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(09-11-2012, 05:08 PM)Benfishin1 Wrote: Like the others have said, hang in there brother, things will get better!

On a side note, I'd love to hear more about these cool new weapons you mentioned... maybe even some pictures??

Ben just for you and the other gun loving nuts.

Here is the 1919a4. Which I just found out came off of a tank.

[Image: IMAG0281.jpg]

Here is an RPD which is the newest of the herd. It's a Russian AK style machine gun used between 1944-1960's. It's belt fed and the belts are housed in the drum below the weapon.

[Image: rpd2.jpg]

Both are semi auto belt fed ammo eaters. The 1919a4 has a crank system for it that will make it run in the 400-500 rds/min range. The RPD hasn't been to the range yet and will run 100 rds through as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Wow, nice guns! Safe to say they would make for an unforgettable day at the range!

Thanks for sharing, those are too cool.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
What kind of ammo do those beasts eat?
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
(09-12-2012, 09:09 AM)Benfishin1 Wrote: What kind of ammo do those beasts eat?

(09-11-2012, 12:38 PM)Lurch Wrote: So if anyone wants to come shoot a really cool gun bring me some .308 or 7.62x39 and we can go play for a little bit. They run through the ammo like the Nebraska boys run through cigars so it maybe a short visit.

Big Grin
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Thanks Skipper.

I must be losing it. I could've sworn he mentioned the type of ammo, and I re-read his post with the pics 4 times thinking I was missing it.... I was looking at the wrong post.
Sorry for the trials Doug. At least Momma got a promo. Nice ammo eaters though.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Sorry to hear about all of the $hit going on Doug... I hope that everything works out for you - those guns need to be put through their paces!