Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a couple of months...
So life has been crazy lately. Where to start well the wife got a promotion and I got a demotion. Yep I'm looking for work again after getting back into the elevator business. Lets just say that the only elevators I will be getting into now are the ones that some else put in or worked on, I'm done with that business.

So I have been basically a house husband for the last two months. Which has been nice being able to spend time with kid and cooking. Yes I like to cook. Decided to go back to school and work on my real estate appraisal license. It's all online and then I get to work for free for about a year but hopefully after that I will be able to once again be working for myself.

Did get to take a trip to Alaska which was nice but was it was with the in-laws (all 12) so it made it a little tough at times. Did get to go fishing a couple of days and now have a freezer full of halibut. Saw all the main wildlife except for a bear but I have seen them in Colorado so it was ok.

Having been smoking many cigars the last 2 months for obvious reasons but did recently try a pipe and I can say it is a little different, ok a lot different. Before my unemployment I had gotten back into firearms again and bought a few cool new toys. Now I can't afford to shoot them (lol) but at least I have some nice safe decorations. A couple of days ago I did make a trade and got another one which I can't afford to shoot and don't even have any ammo in that caliber. So if anyone wants to come shoot a really cool gun bring me some .308 or 7.62x39 and we can go play for a little bit. They run through the ammo like the Nebraska boys run through cigars so it maybe a short visit.

On a final note I just found out today that I got selected to be on the bottling crew for Stranahans whiskey. It's a local distillery that makes some of the finest whiskey around. I have been trying for a couple of years now to get on and I finally won a contest last night. So Thursday I get to go bottle for 4 hours, eat some pizza, and then I get a bottle for my trouble, I can't wait.

Well that's about it for now. I will go back to lurking and when I find a part time job and can buy a cigar or two I will post them up.

Lurch
(09-11-2012, 12:38 PM)Lurch Wrote: So life has been crazy lately. Where to start well the wife got a promotion and I got a demotion. Yep I'm looking for work again after getting back into the elevator business. Lets just say that the only elevators I will be getting into now are the ones that some else put in or worked on, I'm done with that business.

So I have been basically a house husband for the last two months. Which has been nice being able to spend time with kid and cooking. Yes I like to cook. Decided to go back to school and work on my real estate appraisal license. It's all online and then I get to work for free for about a year but hopefully after that I will be able to once again be working for myself.

Did get to take a trip to Alaska which was nice but was it was with the in-laws (all 12) so it made it a little tough at times. Did get to go fishing a couple of days and now have a freezer full of halibut. Saw all the main wildlife except for a bear but I have seen them in Colorado so it was ok.

Having been smoking many cigars the last 2 months for obvious reasons but did recently try a pipe and I can say it is a little different, ok a lot different. Before my unemployment I had gotten back into firearms again and bought a few cool new toys. Now I can't afford to shoot them (lol) but at least I have some nice safe decorations. A couple of days ago I did make a trade and got another one which I can't afford to shoot and don't even have any ammo in that caliber. So if anyone wants to come shoot a really cool gun bring me some .308 or 7.62x39 and we can go play for a little bit. They run through the ammo like the Nebraska boys run through cigars so it maybe a short visit.

On a final note I just found out today that I got selected to be on the bottling crew for Stranahans whiskey. It's a local distillery that makes some of the finest whiskey around. I have been trying for a couple of years now to get on and I finally won a contest last night. So Thursday I get to go bottle for 4 hours, eat some pizza, and then I get a bottle for my trouble, I can't wait.

Well that's about it for now. I will go back to lurking and when I find a part time job and can buy a cigar or two I will post them up.

Lurch

Sorry about your turn of events Lurch, but hey you are getting a free bottle of Whiskey....so light up a cigar (if you have one) and pour a glass and just RELAX.....it'll all work out bro.
Gangsta
STRANAHANS!!!! One of my favorite whiskeys!!!!!!!!! (when I can find it)

Hang in there Lurch. Once the clouds are all used up all that remains is the silver linings.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Hang in there Doug Smile
This is my boomstick!
(09-11-2012, 01:59 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: STRANAHANS!!!! One of my favorite whiskeys!!!!!!!!! (when I can find it)

Hang in there Lurch. Once the clouds are all used up all that remains is the silver linings.

They only can make enough to supply Colorado. They are trying to ramp up production but it takes years to get it into the supply line. I can mail you bottle Skip if you would like. Also thanks for words, actually doing pretty good just need a part time job to keep me in cigars and ammo.

Things will get better Lurch. Keep your head up.
--Mike

Like the others have said, hang in there brother, things will get better!

On a side note, I'd love to hear more about these cool new weapons you mentioned... maybe even some pictures??
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Railroad is hiring in transportation in Denver
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far
(09-11-2012, 06:00 PM)buckit60 Wrote: Railroad is hiring in transportation in Denver

If I was younger without kids I would be all over it. Plus like I said I want to work for myself once again.

Hell I feel like I work for myself. I work all the time lol
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far