Poll: What humidification do you use
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Puck with green medium
12.50%
2 12.50%
Crystal Gel
12.50%
2 12.50%
Active (Oasis)
56.25%
9 56.25%
Kitty Litter
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Humidification Method do you use?
Gel in my desktops beads in my wine fridges.
--Mike
I thought about going back to gel for my desk tops. I have heard of people having mold issues with it, but I never had a problem. I did find some mold inside a boveda water pillow recently though.
I like smoking lightning
I use beads in my wineador.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
(04-24-2014, 12:09 PM)MaytagMan Wrote:
(04-24-2014, 12:37 AM)The Diamond Lion Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 08:14 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Actually, I use the top 3. My cabinet is the Set and Forget System. The desktop humidors are the others plus the water pillows.

Jimmie, what is the name of the system you are using? I have a Moist-N-Aire, which should be a set and forget, but that has never happened. It humidifies really well, but I have to manually turn it on and off. I am looking for an upgrade.

Why not fill the reservoir with a load of Heartfelt beads?

Not a bad idea at all. I may give it a try.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
(04-25-2014, 03:44 PM)The Diamond Lion Wrote:
(04-24-2014, 12:09 PM)MaytagMan Wrote:
(04-24-2014, 12:37 AM)The Diamond Lion Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 08:14 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Actually, I use the top 3. My cabinet is the Set and Forget System. The desktop humidors are the others plus the water pillows.

Jimmie, what is the name of the system you are using? I have a Moist-N-Aire, which should be a set and forget, but that has never happened. It humidifies really well, but I have to manually turn it on and off. I am looking for an upgrade.

Why not fill the reservoir with a load of Heartfelt beads?

Not a bad idea at all. I may give it a try.

Fortunately, I'm not nearly as dumb as I look.

I grew tired of the beads in less than a year (actually after the second time I had to charge them).

Filling an active system with beads makes little sense... The beads are formulated to allow water to evaporate maintaining a particular humidity. The active systems introduce energy (in the form of wind) to coax evaporation below a certain value. They want water, not beads.
It sounds to me that your moist-n-air is simply broken. The hygrometer control must be malfunctioning. Contact the company and see if they can do something for you.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer