Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are You Reading?
Ah, it's an escape to me too Tony. I can hardly worry about things at work or whatever when I'm struggling to understand string theory or an element of Mikkyo Buddhism. Making my mind work hard is much like a good workout at the gym or dojo. I have to let distractions go and focus. Especially since I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Smile It's satisfying to me to learn or understand something new, even if it's something of little likely practical use. It is the learning itself that is the purpose, not the information. And history is filled with things as strange, interesting, and exciting as anything that came from a writer's mind. Pharonic Egypt or 18th century Edo is as much an escape to me as Tattooine or Hogwarts.

But there's nothing wrong with a good novel either. I'm currently waiting on my wife to finish Stephen King's new one 'The Dome' so I can snatch it up. Big Grin
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

Reading Steinbrenner at the moment.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Penthouse Forums.
StogieChat Forum what else! LOL
--Mike
(09-15-2010, 09:48 PM)wtfdic Wrote: StogieChat Forum what else! LOL

Never heard of it. LOL

Good One..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Hemingway's For Whom The Bell Tolls.

The Dude
Ted Bell's TSAR, and trying to hold off buying his new one until it's in paperback
(09-01-2010, 05:16 PM)Soulend Wrote: I'm currently waiting on my wife to finish Stephen King's new one 'The Dome' so I can snatch it up. Big Grin
Recently picked this up from the library. I'm half way through it. Pretty good, imo. Enjoying it. Classic Stephen King.
Tony
When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.
Working through a colelction of Hemingway's short stories, waiting for A Farewell to Arms to arrive via media mail, which is slow as balls.

Picked up a collection of Yeats to read over Thanksgiving
November ed. of Playboy. December ed. waiting for me in the throne room!!!

Do these qualify?Tongue
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.